5698 Online
108830 Solutions
New Discussion

Specific SSH port does not work

erloz
Occasional Visitor

Specific SSH port does not work

Hello community!

I'm trying to run tcl script (to backup device) on a non-standard SSH port. I run IMC 7 under Windows 2012.

The specific port is well defined for the device, the problem is that the session initiated with plink.exe does not take the port variable.

In the ssh_sftp_client.cfg, I can find:

-----------------------

ssh-cmd = plink.exe [-i $key-file] $user-name@$device-ip
sftp-cmd = psftp.exe [-i $key-file] $user-name@$device-ip

-----------------------

So, even if I define the specific SSH port for the device, it should have a "-P [$port]" option to take care of it.

I've tried unsuccessfully many variables name ($port, $device-port, ...). I've checked in the binary file to find a variable name, but no success.

Is anyone know how to acheive it ?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

Re: Specific SSH port does not work

I had a bit of a hunt around, and I could only find a couple of possibilities for variable name - ssh_port, or sshPort. 

The interesting thing is that if you run 'strings' on imccfgbakdm, you can see the SQL commands that include retrieving the ssh_port value. So theoretically it should be able to handle it.

I think you should log a support case with HP about this, as it seems like something it should be able to do.

It looks like it definitely won't work for any of the SCP adapters - e.g. the CiscoIOSGeneric SCP adapter contains lines like this:

spawn pscp -scp $username@$deviceip:running-config $FileName

So that won't ever take a port value, and it probably also needs updating.