1752277 Members
4699 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: IRS 7.0.8.0167 update problem

catastro_gen
Frequent Advisor

IRS 7.0.8.0167 update problem

Hi all. I am trying to update the IRS I have, v.7.0.5.0193 to version v.7.0.8.0167

I start the installation process and it gets hung in the prerequisites screen telling me that there is a critical problem related with the SNMP Traps, but it actually is running.

The IRS I have installed (v.7.0.5.0193) is working fine and gave me no problems in the installation.

I already read the instalaltion guide, with no help, and already tried disabling the McAffe, but nothing helps.

¿Any clue? Thanks for all the help.

P.S. This thread has been moved from ITRC HP Systems Insight Manager Forum to Insight Remote Support > General. - Hp Forum Moderator

5 REPLIES 5

Same problem here and additionally it tells me the OS is not supported.  I am running Windows 2008 SP2, x64 virtual machine and it works perfect with 7.0.5, but the 7.0.8 upgrade fails.

rsinstall.log states it found the snmptraps service, correctly iterates the OS.  And it appears the Insight Remote now does not support being installed on a DC.  Being a small environment and the hardware requiresments I don't have a choice at the moment of servers.  The release notes state nothing about this change.

David R. (Dru) Urbaniak
Ken_L
HPE Pro

Hi,

During installation of Insight RS 7.0.8, SNMPTRAP needs to be running and set to start automatically at boot.  You can make this change with this command:

sc config SNMPTRAP start= auto

(note a space is required between "=" and
"auto")

Ken

I am an HP employee

I am an HPE employee.
Ken_L
HPE Pro

Hi,

Insight RS 7.0.8 does exclude itself from being installed on a Domain Controller.  Primarily, this is due to this configuration not being fully tested and certified with Insight RS 7.0.8.  From a technical standpoint, Insight RS 7.0.8 should be able to be run successfully on a Windows DC configuration.

There is a method for getting Insight RS 7.0.8 installed on a DC system, but it's not suitable for posting in this forum.  Please open a case with the HP Insight RS support team and they can provide you with  the workaround.

Thanks.

Ken

I am an HPE employee.
catastro_gen
Frequent Advisor

Hi again. With the tip that Ken_L gave, it succeced with the SW update (sc config SNMPTRAP start= auto).

Now, the question I have in mind is why did this happen? I already had the SNMP service installed and running on my server, and the SNMP Trap configured and working as well.

Thanks.

Stefano Colombo
Valued Contributor

Can you provide such tips , although privately ?