New Discussion

Re: OA reset for MP log clear

SOLVED
Go to solution
Ashraf1
Advisor

OA reset for MP log clear

Hi All,

One blade  in  enclosure-1  is shown  Management Processor: Error . Mention that this sytem is Superdome-2 and has 2 Enclosure and  complex firmware version is 3.8.0

Now enclosure is functiong  with live production.  Here  reported blade is under nPar partition.

Already I have run on OA at online  by command : RESET iLO 2  but don't execute because firmware version is not supported.

So if we reset the blade  by command RESET BLADE 2, we must down all os and nPar but we can't do that.

So if I reset OA , it oly reset  OA ilO and blade iLO OR  reboot OS including network ??

Select -->Enclosure  -->Active Onboard Administrator -->Virtual Button  --->>>reset

Please need opinoin  from expert end.

3 REPLIES 3
Ashraf1
Advisor

I need help from expert end.

Waiting for prompt response.

syedmp
Visitor
Solution

Hi,

Question :- So if I reset OA , it oly reset  OA ilO and blade iLO OR  reboot OS including network ?
Answer :- If you reboot OA, It will Only restart OA. 

Question :-  Management Processor: Error

Answer :- To address this issue ,  you have 2 options

1.  Remove reseat the Blade

2. Open a ticket with HPE support, so that they can login to MFG mode ( Manufacturing Mode ) and try to reset the ILO.

Ashraf1
Advisor

Hi All,

Thanks to all for your valuable info share.

Since the reported blade is under a vPar , so we need to down 2 OS  before reset the blade.

Here firmware version can not be updated now since other production application running here.

I think,  we can close the issue here.