LAN Routing
1752464 Members
5737 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: My ISP uses a tagged VLAN to provide Internet connectivity, how configure the switch v1910 (JE00

SOLVED
Go to solution
Daniel_65
Frequent Visitor

My ISP uses a tagged VLAN to provide Internet connectivity, how configure the switch v1910 (JE006A)

2 weeks ago the ISP installed a router huawei HG8245Q2 , it was working in routing mode by a few days giving to my school internet access,  until a second technician arrive last monday and change the huawei equipment configuration, leaving the equipment just like a transceiver ( or maybe bridge mode ) one port receive Fiber optic cablel and one ethernet port for connecting a equipment , the least 3 ethernet port are down.

So we have an HP JE006A switch but I dont have succed on getting internet access. 

How do I configure the Switch ? How much vlans do I need to test my connection?The vlans need Ip address ?

How must configure the ports, tagged, untagged,  and how many port do I need to configure like trunk , or access mode.

The data de ISP technician give me is below this line,

wan address assigned: 187. 130. 67. 9/30, VLAN ID 109, LAN 187. 141. 79 . 104 , 

DNS address: 189. 247. 97. 1, 189. 247. 96. 1, 189. 247. 98. 1, 189. 247. 99. 1

Thanks in a advance

Daniel

1 REPLY 1
parnassus
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: My ISP uses a tagged VLAN to provide Internet connectivity, how configure the switch v1910 (JE00

Hi! save yourself a big headache and ask your ISP to revert the Router's operating mode to route mode instead of bridge mode...so you will be able to assign/configure a private IP address LAN side...at that point you will be able to plan your internal topology (VLAN id, transit VLAN to your Router - if you want - or simply hosting the Router LAN on one of the VLANs you created...

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner