New Discussion юеВ

Re: Subnet-Routing with HP5130

SOLVED
Go to solution
adiemus
Visitor

Subnet-Routing with HP5130

Hello,
at the moment I'm attempt to configure the switch for routing between subnets. Not routing between VLANs. All subnets are directly connected to the switch.

I added the address of the Gateways for the Subnets to VLAN1. But there is a restriction of 5 adresses per VLAN. I'm not sure if this ist the right way.

I'm using the switch in industrial plants. Therefore at the moment it's not possible to use VLAN because we have a lot of Clients only communicate on Layer 2.

Is it possible to route more then 5 Subnets with this switch?

4 REPLIES 4
parnassus
Honored Contributor

@adiemus wrote: ...I'm attempt to configure the switch for routing between subnets. Not routing between VLANs.

Are you so kind to explain us what do you mean with the statement "routing between subnets. Not routing between VLANs"?

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner
adiemus
Visitor

Usually every Subnet is assigned to a VLAN. I only have 1 VLAN (VLAN1).

Example:

Major Subnet: 192.168.0.0/24

Subnet A: 192.168.0.0/26 VLAN1
Subnet B: 192.168.0.64/26 VLAN1
Subnet C: 192.168.0.128/27 VLAN1
Subnet D: 192.168.0.160/27 VLAN1
Subnet E: 192.168.0.192/27 VLAN1

Client at Subnet A, B, C and D should communicate with Client at Subnet E.

parnassus
Honored Contributor
Solution

It seems (what is described as) multinetting to me...multinetting is used to extend a Subnet on a specific VLAN to allocate more IP addresses (using more non overlapping Subnets) than the original Subnet can provide.

Provided that each client has the Switch IP as its default gateway it should work...it's a matter to add required subnets to VLAN 1 and enable IP Routing.

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner
adiemus
Visitor

Thank you for your assistance. It's working. But the switch has a restriction of 5 Subnets/VLAN.