5422 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

hp msm 760 controller cant connect via switch

Maclovin
Occasional Contributor

hp msm 760 controller cant connect via switch

Hi!

I tried a dumb switch, and all satellites comes up. I tried a not-so-dumb switch, with my vlan configured one one port and my satellite on another port.

I tried all possible combinations of tagged / untagged , but I cant make it work.

Any ideas?
5 REPLIES 5
p3rlphr33k
Occasional Advisor

Re: hp msm 760 controller cant connect via switch

if you using vlans? how many? what ports are wanting to use? we need more information.
Maclovin
Occasional Contributor

yes.... using vlans. one vlan for the msm controller and that's it really
Fred!
Trusted Contributor

Several questions:
1) Are your connecting the controller through its "LAN port" or "Internet port"?
2) Do you want the traffic on the cable that goes between the switch and the controller to be tagged or untagged?
3) Do you want the traffic on the cable that goes between the switch and the APs to be tagged or untagged?
4) Are the APs connected to a trunk port that possibly support MANY VLANs or just one VLAN?

With the above I should be able to craft an answer.
Maclovin
Occasional Contributor

Several questions:
1) Are your connecting the controller through its "LAN port" or "Internet port"?

Lan Port.

2) Do you want the traffic on the cable that goes between the switch and the controller to be tagged or untagged?

Untagged

3) Do you want the traffic on the cable that goes between the switch and the APs to be tagged or untagged?

Untagged

4) Are the APs connected to a trunk port that possibly support MANY VLANs or just one VLAN?

Just one Vlan atm

With the above I should be able to craft an answer.

Thanks very much!
Fred!
Trusted Contributor

And you did configured your switch with "Untagged VLAN X" on both of the switch ports (the one facing the AP and the one facing the Controller)?

and finally you did not configured any VLAN at the controller level or at the AP level, right?

If the 2 above are correct then there should not be any issues for the AP to find the controller. But it is important that both switch ports are categorized as "Untagged VLAN X", the X being identical for the AP port and the Controller port.