1753767 Members
5519 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Isolate two access controlled VSC on MSM Controller

Poilou
Occasional Contributor

Isolate two access controlled VSC on MSM Controller

Hello. Since I have no answer on my previous post, I think I should reformulate my question :

Configuration :

Controller MSM 760.

2 access controlled VSC working fine (VSC A and VSC B)

2 relay dhcp working fine

The problem is that a host on the VSC A is able to ping the LAN interface of VSC B and inversly.

For the moment, even host on VSC A can ping hosts on VSC B and inversly.

I really like to make those two VSC perfectly isolated.

I tried many things :

• Use the firewall, but it only apply on internet port. The routing between the two networks is done on the LAN port
  • Put everybody on the internet port instead of using the LAN port for AP. Same result.
  • Use VLAN : even with VLANs, the access controll option force the traffic to pass thru the controller, which do the inter-vlan routing job.

I'm sure you'll have the answer, so... thanks in advance.

Poilou

P.S. This thread has been moved from Communications, Wireless (Legacy ITRC forum) to MSM Series. -HP Forum Moderator

3 REPLIES 3
Poilou
Occasional Contributor

I'm sorry to UP this topic. We have for the moment no answer and no idea.

Thanks in advance

adil
Occasional Visitor

Hi,

Open the VSC A and go to Wireless clients > Allow traffic between : (Choose no)             then Save

Open the VSC B and go to Wireless clients > Allow traffic between : (Choose all)     (it's by default all)   then Save

Now the wireless clients from the two VSCs should be isolated.

Whish it helps.

Adil

BenBen486

Hi

Allow me to extend as I have the exact same issue.

Except that I am trying to restrict communication between users of one VSC to EQUIPMENT - not users - of the other VSC.

In essence, have have all the management interfaces of the network equipment in one VSC, my gust connect through another one, and at this moment they can connect to the equipment web GUI (switches/AP) from their guest VSC. routed by the MSM.

Not very secure. Can I restrict that and stop intervlan routing on the MSM?