1758383 Members
2742 Online
108868 Solutions
New Discussion

Losing access to network

anthonymel_1
Advisor

Re: Losing access to network

So like a fool I upgrade to 6.0 and noticed that while my clients had connected to the controllor, I could not ping them nor when they have network access.  I then downgraded to the new 5.7.3 and that too also had problems.  I'm going back to 5.7.2 which I felt was pretty stable. 

Aanyone else seeing this with 5.7.3 or 6.0?

tschaps
Valued Contributor

@anthonymel_1 wrote:

...I then downgraded to the new 5.7.3...

Where did you get 5.7.3? I am not seeing it available. 

anthonymel_1
Advisor

Its under my service contract contract page.  It was released on the 3rd of May.

Evan_ISS
Frequent Advisor

@anthonymel_1 wrote:

Its under my service contract contract page.  It was released on the 3rd of May.

I think what the fellow poster wants to say is that the 5.7.3.0 version of the software is now available in the Software Updates and Licensing Portal, it is not yet publicly available.

Re v6.0.0.0 not working as expected, it is clearly marked as "Early Availability" (i.e. beware) and one should also read the release notes which specifically state (p8, Fixes):

"Version 6.0.0.0 contains all of the “Fixes” found in versions 5.7.1.1 (including support releases 5.7.1.1 SR1 and 5.7.1.1 SR2) and 5.7.1.2. With the exception of the “Fixes” listed below, the fixes included in version 5.7.2.0 (including support releases 5.7.2.0 SR1 and 5.7.2.0 SR2) should be considered known issues in version 6.0.0.0."

We haven't tested v5.7.3.0  in our lab yet so can't comment on performance.

anthonymel_1
Advisor

Thanks for the clearification. 

Sk33t3r
Advisor

I have read the entire thread and can't see any concrete evidence of a fix, just a bunch of everyone saying they have the same issue as I do. If there is a fix please post it in bold? 

8 MSM765zl controllers -800+ AP's
6.3.0.0 firmware

Thanks in advance all!

Chris

sjordet
Advisor

For me 5.7.3-sr2 and 5.7.4 fixes it.

6.3.0 is not good at all here.

-Stian

Evan_ISS
Frequent Advisor

@Sk33t3r wrote:

I have read the entire thread and can't see any concrete evidence of a fix, just a bunch of everyone saying they have the same issue as I do. If there is a fix please post it in bold? 

8 MSM765zl controllers -800+ AP's
6.3.0.0 firmware

Thanks in advance all!

Chris

Hi there,

we are running the same software (6.3.0.0) in two sites and don't have this problem (we have others :-)) since software v.5.7.3.0.

Have you also seen my earlier post re DHCP protect and ARP protect playing havoc with the APs? Since disabling both (and replacing quite a few aging switches) we have eradicated this issue altogether.

ISoliman
Super Advisor

As far as I know this was fixed in 5.7.3 SR2 which can be obtained from the support team, also similar issue was resolved in 6.2.1 which was recommended by HP.. both I have tried and works perfectly fine... any other versions not sure but in last issue they clearly mentioned to go with the 6.2.1 if upgrade is needed and they didn't recommend 6.3 so downgrade if u r using 6.3 or use 5.7.3 sr2 if needed if the new features are not a concern... gwt in touch with HP support for official recommendation.
ISoliman
Super Advisor

small point to add. 6.2.1 is released after the 6.3 version so it is a new maintenance release with more fixes... 6.3 is an upgrade with more features... and with more features comes more bugs :)