Re: MSM410 Web UI page does not appeared via IE11

SOLVED
Go to solution
JUN-2
Visitor

MSM410 Web UI page does not appeared via IE11

Hello!
We Use MSM410 under control of MSM750.

I want to replace the AP for another IP address setting.
I remove it and reset the AP to factory settings, the web interface page with the default IP address does not be displayed.
The ping passes.

It seems that IE 11 has removed SSL 2.0 in the latest Windows 10.
I cannot be accessed from the console port too.
How do I configure an AP?

Yes, we are looking for Windows 7 PCs, but they are all upgraded to Windows 10.

2 REPLIES 2
Emil_G
HPE Pro
Solution

Hello, 

Probably the AP is running an older firmware version that still supports SSLv3 for HTTPS access. SSLv3 is not secure and for this reason it is disabled on the most current versions of the browsers. 

First you can check if enabling SSLv3 on IE can enable the access. In IE go to Internet Options, Advanced, scroll down to subsection Securty and set the checkbox before Use SSL 3.0. Click Apply.

If this is not working you can try to use an older browser version. You can search for Opera 9.20.  In the config settings of Opera search for "OCSP Validate Certificates" and uncheck it. With this settings you should be able to open the GUI of the AP. 

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

JUN-2
Visitor

Thanks,  Gogushev 

Yes, Firmware version of MSM410 is an elder vesion. 5.7.2.0 (2013)

I try to edit Registory setting below, and I can access Web UI via IE11 on Windows10, Thank you!

How to restrict the use of certain cryptographic algorithms and protocols in Schannel.dll
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/245030/en-us

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSetlient\Control\SecurityProviders\Schannel\Protocol\SSL 3.0\Client

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSetlient\Control\SecurityProviders\Schannel\Protocol\SSL 2.0\Client