New Discussion

Re: Msa 2060/1060 replication

SOLVED
Go to solution
yugan
Occasional Contributor

Msa 2060/1060 replication

Hi ,

Can some one  explain how msa 2060/1060 replication work. In smu gude it says "Both systems must be connected to the same fabric or network via a switch".

If we have MSA FC storages in Two  sites How can we do the  replication between storages.Is it mandatoray to have Fc san switches minimum one at eachsite ( peer conection between two san switches?).

looking for expert help.

thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
venkat_y
HPE Pro

Hello@yugan,
Yes, at least one FC switch is required on both (primary and remote) systems to connect the MSA arrays and enable replication over the FC fabric. To enable communication between arrays, the switches must be able to peer with one another.

Hope this helps!
Regards,
Venkat

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
JonPaul
HPE Pro

@yugan 
Here is the replication whitepaper which will hopefully help with typical setup.
https://www.hpe.com/psnow/doc/4aa1-0977enw
It's a little old and does not show the Gen6 user interface but it explains all the replication details.

I work for HPE
venkat_y
HPE Pro
Solution

Hello@yugan,
Let me know if you were able to resolve the issue.
If you have no questions and are satisfied with the answer, please reply with a Yes/No. You may also click on the "Accept as a solution" button if the issue is resolved so that it is helpful for all community members.

Regards,
Venkat

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
yugan
Occasional Contributor

Hi venkat ,Thanks a lot .

yugan
Occasional Contributor

Thanks  Johnpaul..!

Sunitha_Mod

Hello @yugan,

We are extremely glad to know your concern has been addressed. 

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
Accept or Kudo