CD and FDD and HDD not accessible.

I need help
Thanks
George
6 REPLIES 6
malvin drakley
Esteemed Contributor

Re: 0080-51 error code after upgrade memory on LH3

Hi Yuri, what kind of size of memory have you put in. According to the engineering manual you can only insert memory uo to size 256mb and also must not exceed 1024mb in total.
hope this of help
malvin
Not me Chief, I'm Radar
Alicia White
Esteemed Contributor

You have two separate issues here.

The first two errors are caused by a problem with the MMC firmware (a component of the system BIOS):
0080-51 Net Server Management Console Self Test fail
0090-64 DIMM management failure

The second issue is caused by problem with the integrated NetRAID Controller:
0075-98 Integrated HP Netraid Firmware not responding

To resolve the first issue with the MMC, you have to clear CMOS, update BIOS and clear CMOS again.

To resolve the second issue, you need to reseat NetRAID cache, clear CMOS and update BIOS & the NetRAID firmware.

You can download all upgrades for the LH3 at:
http://h20004.www2.hp.com/soar_rnotes/bsdmatrix/matrix50448en_US.html

Before doing any of this troubleshooting, I would reboot the server and press F2 during POST to enter CMOS setup. Then, write down critical settings such as boot priority, reserved IRQs and status of SCSI ports A & B (NetRAID or LVD SCSI?), to give a few examples.

After writing down those settings, I would follow these steps to resolve both issues:

1. Power down server and disconnect all power cords, LAN & serial cables;
2. Open up both sides of server;
3. On PCI slot side, reseat the NetRAID cache module (a DIMM adjacent to PCI slot 1)
4. On CPU side, look for DIPP switches next to CMOS battery (it may be covered by optional CPU fan);
5. To clear CMOS, move Switch 5 from OFF to ON;
6. Plug in power cord and power system back up;
7. You should see a message that tells you to shut down system and move clear config switch to OFF;
8. Power down system, move switch 5 back to OFF position;
9. Power up system and when you see an error during POST that says something to the effect of "incorrect system config, press F2 to enter setup," press F2;
10. Press F10 to exit saving changes (CMOS is now clear);
11. Boot to BIOS update floppy then reboot;
12. Clear CMOS again by pressing F11 during POST;
13. Pressing F11 adds an extra option to the EXIT screen in the CMOS setup utility which says something like "clear system configuration," choose that option and reboot;
14. You will see the "incorrect config" message again, press F2 to enter CMOS utility;
15. Make any changes you need to put CMOS back to its original settings, then press F10 to exit saving changes; and,
16. Reboot system to NetRAID firmware update floppy to update onboard controller.

NOTE: Although F11 does perform the same function as using the system switch in order to clear

CMOS, the F11 key is NOT effective in clearing these MMC errors, so the first time you clear CMOS you MUST use the hardware switch. But, using F11 is sufficient to clear CMOS after performing the BIOS flash.

If all went well, you can now boot to your Operating System without any more POST errors.

If you encounter any errors during any of this, contact NetServer Technical Support, you may need to get a special MMC firmware flash which is only available from NetServer Technical support.

Good luck,

Alicia
Pawel Grochola

I am experiencing the same errors 0080-51 Net Server Management Console Self Test fail
0090-64 DIMM management failure
on Netserver LPr

However I did not manage to successfully execute procedure suggested above. Using Switch 5 did not get rid of settings and I cannot perform Bios flash with the downloaded utility.
I am getting "ERROR:\RA\SDREDIT.EXE FAILED".
There is nothing connected to the computer.
amhakassa
Honored Contributor

Hi Yuri,

The following instructions are most likely to solve the issue

1. Creat a DOS 6.22 Boot floppy (also available www.Bootdisk.com---Download the DOS 6.22 and double click the downloaded file which will ask you for a floppy diskette and the process creates a DOS 6.22 boot disk)

2.download the latest BIOS from this link
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?locale=en_US&pnameOID=18328&taskId=135&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=50457тМй=en&cc=us&swEnvOID=54#326
Creat a bootable disk by doubl clicking the downloaded BIOS file
3.Boot from the DOS 6.22 boot floppy
4.take the DOS 6.22 Disk out and switch it with the BIOS diskette
5.Run the following files from the BIOS diskette in the following order;

flashmmc lprra_us.bin
(The process is a background process so you won't see any interactive screen. You wait until you get the DOS propmt (A:\>) back

sdredit -w -f list_lpr.sdr

Follow the instruction
6.Reboot the server with the BIOS diskette still in the floppy disk drive and follow the on screen instruction

7. on the next reboot get in to BIOS setup by pressing F2 and save the default settings (If you have any custom setting make sure you have the BIOS setup as it was before) then Press F10 to save and Exit

This should solve the problem

Regards
Amha Kassa
amhakassa
Honored Contributor

Hi Pawel,

I aplogize for naming you as Yuri. However, if you follow the processes above you should be able to clear your problem

Regards
Amha Kassa
Pawel Grochola

thanks a lot Amha Kassa

It did help! And I do not mind be called after the first man in the space :)