108905 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: How to recover back my logical volume in LH 6000

BEN-10
Occasional Contributor

How to recover back my logical volume in LH 6000

Hi all ...

i really need help on this ..
today i got my new hard disk,73GB (hot swap). i tried to view the hard disk from CTRL M (NetRAID). when finished viewing from (Configure --> View/Add Configuration) i reboot the server.

then from the boot, i shows that i have 0 logical volumes in my server and the last message prompted "No Operating System Found".

3 REPLIES 3
BEN-10
Occasional Contributor

im sorry in this case of urgency i quickly accidently click the submit button ...

can someone show me how do i recover back my 3 logical drive in my server pls ....

im a bit sad here .....
Hans-J├╝rgen Lange
Frequent Advisor

Hello,

what disk configuration you had before?

The raid configuration is normaly stored on each of the disks. So I would remove the new one, clear the configuration of the raid and insert the previous installed disk/or set of disks.
Normaly the raid controller firmware complains about different configurations found in NVRAM, that you cleared, and on disk. And then you are able to choose the raid configuration from the disks.

Another way is to reconfigure the drives with the old values if you have them. But this is dangerous because the RAID controller wants to initialize the drives, meaning formating them.
With my LH6000 onboard raid this worked because the controller firmware ask me before initializing and I then reset the machine.
But if the firmware dont ask you and dont give you the chance of reset you and your data are lost.

This way I moved a 6 Disk array from an LH4 to an LH6000.

But maybe someone can commit my idea. I dont want advice you wrong which can lead to a complete loss of data. I think in the forum you will find some nearly same issues.
e4services
Honored Contributor

That is odd. Unfortunately, for me, it would seem that you have cleared the configuration if the controller has lost it completely. I remember there being something in the BIOS of the controller to actually attempt to read the drive config, but if it was clear, there would be none, and now you would be forced to attempt a reconfig. That is selecting the 3 drives in the same order as before, selecting the same RAID config, 5 I guess, and then select that config. Save the config, and ESC back to the top menu to exit. Ignore any warnings about Initializing the logical drive because that will format and erase the data. Just esc and reboot.
Hot Swap Hard Drives