1754313 Members
2859 Online
108813 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Lh6000 App Error (Memory)

Graham Ashdown

Lh6000 App Error (Memory)

Hi people,

I have one of those problems that is a little tricky to resolve - hope you can help some.

Background. We have a customer with a LH6000 who we did a system move for, who says that since the move they have had a Application Error which keeps popping up intermitantly - hanging the attached client pc.

Server Specs. Quad Intel Pentium IIIE Xeon-A; 700 MHz, 3GB Mem (7GB Swap / Page file), Win2K SP4.

Error Msg.
easl.exe - Application Error
The instruction at "0x100941bb" referenced memory at "0x20202020". The memory could not be "read". Click on OK to terminate the program Click on CANCEL to debug the program .

I realise this is a pretty ambigous type of error which points to the application but I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on this problem.
Top Tools isn't installed at the moment but that'll be by next move if no one has any better ideas.

Look forward to responses,

Thanks

Malc
3 REPLIES 3
JohnWRuffo
Honored Contributor

Re: Lh6000 App Error (Memory)

Graham:

Do you have a 7GB Swap (i.e., multiple swap files)?

You can definately get memory errors on large swap files. Here is a TechNet document:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;237740&Product=win2000

I would not create any one file for this server greater than 2GB and I would try to locate them on differnt physical volumes if possible.
Enjoy!

Do you need help with your HP product?
Try this: http://www.hp.com/support/hpgt
kris rombauts
Honored Contributor

Graham,

do you know what is this easl.exe program ?

Did they tried re-installing the s/w package where this .exe is part of ?

Other then this, you can configure DrWatson to log more details when the application fails (more instructions and symbol table etc) but you would need that application vendors support to debug this user.dmp file.

From the H/W side you could run a consistency check on the raid array and see if it needed to make some corrections or disable the writeback cache (assuming you are using the embedded Netraid card here, if not pls ignore)

HTH

Kris
Darren Webb
Advisor

Installed Top Tools, had a look at found a single bit error at DIMM module 2. So, I guess that'll be it.

THanks for your advice /help.