OEM Solutions
1754392 Members
2946 Online
108813 Solutions
New Article ๎ฅ‚
MattQuirk

Talking HPE GreenLake and Broadcast SaaS at IBC2022

ibc.jpg

In September, IBC finally returned as an entirely in-person show, and it was packed more than ever with over 37,000 attendees from more than 170 countries onsite. The four-day event featured forward-thinking speakers, groundbreaking technologies, and educational conferences on the newest innovations in the media and broadcast industries.

โ€œItโ€™s fantastic to be back,โ€ said my colleague, Andy Vaseyโ€”head of global business development at HPEโ€”in an interview. โ€œIโ€™m definitely a people person so I have so missed just meeting people, shaking hands. This is by far the best show that weโ€™ve attended. I love itโ€”weโ€™ve got a great history and a great presence as HPE in the media and entertainment industry.โ€

Not only did attendees get to witness dozens of panel sessions, exhibits, and product demonstrations on topics like advertising technology, cloud, services, and cybersecurity, but this year, IBC2022 Partner Program introduced Changemakers. This session entailed cutting-edge organizations exploring important topics such as raising equality, advancing sustainability, and mental health awareness in the technology industry.

How HPE delivers new solutions to customers post-COVID-19

Andy also observed: โ€œI think whatโ€™s good this year is that weโ€™ve seen so much change through the Covid periodโ€ฆand the conversations weโ€™re having here are around how we can help our customers to deliver solutions in a multitude of models.โ€

The COVID-19 pandemic catapulted nearly every industry to change the way they operate, and media and entertainment was no different. The pandemic changed how people consume media, and at HPE, we understand that media and broadcast providers need to also shift how they deliver their services to their customers.

Today, media and entertainment OEMs are wanting to launch new services, applications, and revenue streams in the cloudโ€”as well as needing the flexibility to grow and use data exactly when needed. Fortunately, HPE GreenLakeโ€”our hybrid, edge-to-cloud platformโ€”can help them do that. With HPE GreenLake, we can bring media and broadcast customersโ€™ cloud experiences to wherever their data is. The platform enables them to have their data wherever they like: in a private cloud, public cloud, at the edge, on-premises, or in their own data center.

Since itโ€™s a flexible, easy-to-scale web-based platform, customers can track patterns and trends over time, letting them map out their future with us. They can also get a holistic approach to how, where, which, and when their data is storedโ€”something not necessarily offered if they stick with just a public or private cloud model.

We know media and broadcast OEMs need uptime. Thatโ€™s why HPE GreenLake offers the right amount of scalability and flexibility with a full hybrid model, so their customers can work in the public cloud, on-premises, or with their own data centersโ€”whichever they feel works best for their business.

If youโ€™re interested in learning more about adopting a hybrid, edge-to-cloud model, watch my interview at IBC2022 or Andy Vaseyโ€™s perspective on HPE GreenLake.

Follow us on Twitter Join our LinkedIn group Read OEM Solutions blog on the HPE Community | Read the press release

Matt Quirk
Hewlett Packard Enterprise

twitter.com/hpe_partner
LinkedIn/groups/6988995/
hpe.com/us/en/solutions/OEM

Matt Quirk
0 Kudos
About the Author

MattQuirk

With a passion for innovation and technology, I am lucky enough to work within high-growth opportunities across multiple industries including manufacturing, healthcare, energy, media and entertainment and security - with technology innovations that are advancing the way people live and work such as AI, autonomous everything and 5G.