1754926 Members
2911 Online
108827 Solutions
New Discussion

2564B compresses vertical spacing after reset

Michael Chen_1

2564B compresses vertical spacing after reset

Hello,

We have a 2564B printer reset recently by lpadmin command and have problems with form letters. It seems
in compressed mode and form letters do not fit
in the envelope's window.

Some vertical spacing lines were lost. How can we reset the printer?

P.S. This thread has been moved from MPE/iX > Printers/Spooler Management to HP-UX > sysadmin - HP Forums Moderator

4 REPLIES 4
Eric Sorensen_1
Honored Contributor

Re: 2564B compresses vertical spacing after reset

Hello Michael,

"lpadmin" sounds like hpux? This forum is MPE. Perhaps you'd have better luck in the hpux forum?

You can send PCL commands to the printer to change pitch (CPI) and also vertical line spacing, or you can use the LPI ADJ button on the printer to select LinesPerInch (for vertical spacing), and set

*** correction!!***
FUNCTION #1 (20 is serial config)

Function #1 with a primary character set for pitch (print a self test, and use the numbers on the far left of the samples).
A problem well defined is half solved.
Scott Hower
Trusted Contributor

Michael,

Cycling power will set the standard VFC's. Then, I would redo the set top of form procedure to ensure the right point of reference. Then, I would check the vertical line spacing in the control panel (6 or 8 LPI) in the LPI adjust mode. While in the control panel, I would check the primary character set selection (Function 1 in the control panel...probably should be 0 or 1). There is a setting for compression using the VFC but I am not good with escape sequences and the VFC.
Scott Hower
Trusted Contributor

Oops...not trying to step on you, Eric...the old simultaneous reply; I was typing and reading my 2563B/2564B Operator's Manual at the same time and took awhile to formulate a response.
Eric Sorensen_1
Honored Contributor

Scott,

no apology necessary, except from me!

(Thanks for correcting my error with F20)
A problem well defined is half solved.