Operating System - HP-UX
1758670 Members
2016 Online
108874 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Can you use Serviceguard to failover from HPUX to Linux?

hpdood

Can you use Serviceguard to failover from HPUX to Linux?

Hello, We have a situalition where we need to failover from HPUX to Linux.

Oracle Database is HPUX but application server is Linux in SAP environment. Is it possible to failover using ServiceGuard or any other HP Product?
Thanks
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Can you use Serviceguard to failover from HPUX to Linux?

what failover your oracle database from a HP-UX box to a linux box?

No

Different binaries, different data format - this is a complete non-starter.

What are you trying to acheive here?

Duncan

I am an HPE Employee
Accept or Kudo
melvyn burnard
Honored Contributor

not do-able I am afraid
My house is the bank's, my money the wife's, But my opinions belong to me, not HP!
Felix Eng
Occasional Advisor

There is no issue in ORACLE DB binaries and data is concerns and SG functionality. But there is only difference on O/S structures and binaries.

If you really want use HA failover & failback solution then you may think about same HW and O/S or ORACLE base RAC solution. Most of the time customer suffers in cross platform infrastructure.

Serviceguard for Linux
Honored Contributor

In order to do what you are asking, the cluster would have to support both operating systems at in the same cluster. While you could argue that is theoretically possible, it is not really possible today. Probably the easiest thing to point to is the volume manager and file systems. Files have to be accessible from all nodes running an app. The file systems on both OSs are not compatible.

You can have two clusters, one for oracle & one for the SAP components. I don't believe the SAP toolkit is structured to make this easy.

Finally, SGLX has been discontinued. We are in the period where only existing SGLX customers can make final buys. Check here - http://www.hp.com/go/sglxnews - for details.