108837 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

cmcheckconf error node2 unreachble

sassou
Frequent Advisor

cmcheckconf error node2 unreachble

I configure the mc/service guard release A.11.16 version with hp-ux 11i
after setting up the fine cmclconf.ascii
cmcheckconf -v -C cmclconf.ascii is with no error and I aplly it.
The cluster is configure and is good.
After that I make a change in the file adding a new lan interface
and I check the file there is an error to join the node2
That error still even if I correct the file cmclconf.ascii.
So I can any more configure the package bu the cluster still beeing good.
what are the requirement to modifie the file cmclconf.ascii?
Thank you for your help.
KSF
4 REPLIES 4
Geoff Wild
Honored Contributor

Re: cmcheckconf error node2 unreachble

Make sure the lan card is configured in same sub net as other nodes...

Procedure to modify cluster:

http://docs.hp.com/en/B3936-90079/index.html

cmquerycl -v -C /etc/cmcluster/newcmclconf.ascii -n node1 -n node2

That will generate a new ascii file...you should see errors with the new lan card...

Rgds...Geoff
Proverbs 3:5,6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make all your paths straight.
Nguyen Anh Tien
Honored Contributor

Let follow procedure of "Troubleshooting Your Cluster" ->"Replacement of LAN Cards" of Managing MC/ServiceGuard.
(http:/docs.hp.com/en/B3936-90065/)
It is Correct !
Hope this help
tienna
HP is simple
melvyn burnard
Honored Contributor

Be aware that as of 11.16 of Serviceguard, the security checking has changed. cmclnodelist is no longer used once a cluster has been defined, you set up the security based on Role Based Access in the cluster ascii file.
You also need to ensure that you have ALL network ip addresses/hostnames in your hosts file and DNS if using DNS.
If all else fails, remove the binary using cmdeleteconf and start again, at which time cmclnodelist is used to create the initial binary file.
My house is the bank's, my money the wife's, But my opinions belong to me, not HP!
Stephen Doud
Honored Contributor

You may have improperly (syntax) added the new LAN to the cluster configuration file.
If I want to verify whether Serviceguard can see the LAN interface, and how it sees it, I create a new cluster.ascii using cmquerycl and inspect the way that Serviceguard lists the new LAN interface - and transfer that statement to my cluster configuration file.

TIP: look at the comments at the bottom of each servers' description section in the cluster configuration file. Serviceguard actually lists whether LANs that it finds are potential standby LANs and which networks it locates them on.
Example:
# Primary Network Interfaces on Bridged Net 1: lan2.
# Warning: There are no standby network interfaces on bridged net 1.

Also, try 'linkloop' to verify that a newly attached LAN is reachable by the other node.