Operating System - HP-UX
1754869 Members
6076 Online
108827 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

How to configure sendmail for sending email to public mails by using lotus notes mail server

SOLVED
Go to solution
senthil_kumar_1
Super Advisor

How to configure sendmail for sending email to public mails by using lotus notes mail server

Hi

I am using HP-UX 11.11. sendmail is running. I want to use some automated scripts.
that scripts are sending mails to public mails such as "sen@yahoo.co.in", "sen@gmail.com".

My HP-UX server running sendmail is restricted from internet (public access). So i am not able to send mails to public mails.

But i can send mails from my HP-UX server running sendmail to my company mailserver ex: abc.com. from abc.com i can send mails to all public mails.

My company mail server is "lotus notes mail servers" running IBM AS400.

At this situation, I want to configure sendmail for sending mails to public mail by using Lotus notes mail server.

pls tell me how this to be done.

pls tell me the configuration needed in sendmail and lotus notes mail server.

5 REPLIES 5
Ivan Krastev
Honored Contributor

Re: How to configure sendmail for sending email to public mails by using lotus notes mail server

Use DS directive in sendmail.cf file to specify outgoing relay server.

regards,
ivan
senthil_kumar_1
Super Advisor

Re: How to configure sendmail for sending email to public mails by using lotus notes mail server

Hi

Pls explain in detail such as

1) what is the configuration file in sendmail, where we have to mention DS directive. (I am using HP-UX 11.11).

2) Do we have to configure Lotus notes as mail relay server?

3) what are the configurations needed in Lotus notes mail server.

Pls give me details separately for each (sendmail and Lotus notes mail server)

Ganesan R
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Read /etc/mail/sendmail.cf file. Everying about sendmail is documented there.
Best wishes,

Ganesh.
Ganesan R
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi Senthil,

You should find the relay server in your site which will be able to send mails outside your network(internet). Just specify the relay server in /etc/mail/sendmail.cf file like below.
DSrelayserver.abc.com

Nothing to do on your lotus notes server.
Best wishes,

Ganesh.
Ganesan R
Honored Contributor