Operating System - HP-UX
1754850 Members
5640 Online
108827 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: How to restore the ignite client backup through ignite server.

SOLVED
Go to solution
Narendra Uttekar
Regular Advisor

How to restore the ignite client backup through ignite server.

I have installed the ignite software on server test01. And taken the 3 servers ignite client backup through make_net_recovery -x inc_entire=vg00 -s test01 -a test01:/archive/hpux/test02 and test03 and test04. The OS i am having is HP-UX 11i V1 on PA-RISC server.
As my ignite client test02 is crashed I want to restore the ignite backup which I have taken through make_net_recovery which is available on ignite server. I am able to boot the crashed test02 client through bo lan.xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx install . But I am not able to find the image i.e. ignite backup which I have already taken through make_net_recovery and which is available on ignite server i.e. 2010-10-26,01:20. Please let me know the steps how to restore the ignite client backup through ignite server and also which is the configuration file which I have to edit on ignite server which keeps the information of this ignite backup taken through ignite client i.e. make_net_recovery.

Thanks,
Narendra
3 REPLIES 3
Andrew Rutter
Honored Contributor

hi,

have alook at this

http://docs.hp.com/en/B2355-90153/ch04s03.html

you will need to update the /var/opt/ignite/INDEX file using manage_index commands preferably

Andy
Scot Bean
Honored Contributor
Solution

If you made a recovery image of test02, usually Ignite will automatically find it on boot up and point your install right at it.

However, this matchup is based on the MAC address of the test02 lancard that you booted.

Double-check that you booted from the lancard that was active when the image was taken. Or, if the lancard HW has been replaced, this matchup will not occur.
Narendra Uttekar
Regular Advisor

Hi Scot...Thanks for the solution as you said there was problem with the LAN connection from which i have taken the ignite backup. After resolving that i was able to do the recovery of the client from Ignite server.