108915 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP-UX 11.0 installation

SOLVED
Go to solution
Brett Penza
Occasional Advisor

HP-UX 11.0 installation

I am planning to install HP-UX 11.0 soon. I currently have HP-UX 10.2 running. I have several volumes already set up and run only 1 application on the box. (Epicor's AVANTE). Any caviats or horror stories to watch out for.?
4 REPLIES 4
Dan Hetzel
Honored Contributor

Re: HP-UX 11.0 installation

Hi Brett,

It's commonly accepted that a fresh (cold) HP-UX 11.0 installation will avoid a lot of troubles in the future, as well as a total waste of valuable time...

As you only have one application, this shouldn't be too much of a problem, once user data is backed-up.

Best regards,

Dan
Everybody knows at least one thing worth sharing -- mailto:dan.hetzel@wildcroft.com
Paula J Frazer-Campbell
Honored Contributor

Hi
There have been many discussions on this subject - a fresh install is safer and easier.

One of the threads on this subject.

http://forums.itrc.hp.com/cm/QuestionAnswer/1,1150,0xb704a24d9abcd4118fef0090279cd0f9,00.html

HTH

Paula
If you can spell SysAdmin then you is one - anon
MARTINACHE
Respected Contributor

Hi,

- Verify that the firmware is HP-UX compliant.

- If you plan to use 64bits version, verify your hardware compatibility : For example you can't use an EISA card on a D class with WH-UX 11.00 64bits.

Regards,

Patrice.
Patrice MARTINACHE
Victor BERRIDGE
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi Brett,
How are you lvm organized?
Since the general consensus is for fresh install, to make things much easier at next releases, be sure you have (if you can afford it) vg00 as a main system disk with nothing else on but HP-UX and related software, the rest on vgXX can be exported and imported again... think of the use of make_recovery for instance...( in case of reinstall...)

Good luck
Victor