108827 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP-UX Support matrix

SOLVED
Go to solution
Sander_4
Advisor

HP-UX Support matrix

I have seen a matrix once that told when HP-UX versions were released, when obsoleted and when discontinued. Does anyone have this document?
If it works perfectly, it must be broke.
5 REPLIES 5
V. Nyga
Honored Contributor

Stefan Farrelly
Honored Contributor
Solution

HP-UX Discontinuance and Obsolescence Update

As was previously announced, HP-UX 10.20 was removed from sale on July 1st, 2002. It will reach the end of normal support life on July1st, 2003.

HP-UX 11.0 (designated with VUF number B.11.00) will reach the end of its sales life and will be removed from the HP Price List on April 1st 2004.
After that date HP-UX 11.0 will no longer be available onCD or via Instant Ignition.

After March 2004, the content of the 11.0 Application Release CDs will not change. HP plans to keep the HP-UX 11.0 Application CD kit available
until March 31st,2005 for customers who still need to purchase HP-UX 11.0 versions of HP-UX layered products.

HP-UX 11.0 normal support life will run from April 1st,2004 until December 31st, 2006.

HP-UX 11i Version 1.5 for Itanium servers was removed from sale on January 1st, 2003 and will reach the end of normal support life on March 1st 2003.
It is recommended that any customers still using HP-UX 11i Version 1.5 for Itanium should upgrade to HP-UX 11i Version 1.6 by March 2003.

This is from;
http://www.software.hp.com/RELEASES-MEDIA/notices/0303.htm
Im from Palmerston North, New Zealand, but somehow ended up in London...
V. Nyga
Honored Contributor

Hi Sander,

sorry last link has not dates, is this what you thought of?
http://www.software.hp.com/RELEASES-MEDIA/history/slide2.html

Volkmar
*** Say 'Thanks' with Kudos ***
Sander_4
Advisor

Perfect.

Thank you very much for the super fast response!
Sander_4
Advisor

That's the one. Thank you guys for a super fast response