Operating System - HP-UX
1770988 Members
1890 Online
109003 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HPUX 11iv3 - Duplicate Host UUID after Install from Golden Image DVD

HPUX 11iv3 - Duplicate Host UUID after Install from Golden Image DVD

Hi all,
after installing a stand-alone HP-UX rx2800i2 Server with a Golden Image DVD ("new install"), the UUID of the newly installed server is always the same.
Is there a file where the UUID is stored which must be put into the "exclude file(s)"-list when creating the Golden Image with make_sys_image on the "master-host"?

Alternatively: How to use uuidgen to alter the UUID of the newly installed system permanently?
Thanks in advance for your ideas and comments.

2 REPLIES 2
georgek_1
HPE Pro

Re: HPUX 11iv3 - Duplicate Host UUID after Install from Golden Image DVD

Hello Carsten,

The UUID of a server is the unique identity of the system , which would remain same . Installation of OS will not change the UUID of a server as it would remain same .
UUID is added to system hardware when manufacturing the server, along with system serial number and product number .
We could change/restore the UUID of a system when required, such as in case of system board replacement .
One could use the command sysset from hpiLO> CM> to port the original SN/UUID and Product number .

I work for HPE/ I am an HPE Employee (HPE Community) .

I am an HPE Employee. .
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
support_s
System Recommended

Query: HPUX 11iv3 - Duplicate Host UUID after Install from Golden Image DVD

Hello,

Let us know if you were able to resolve the issue.

If you have no further query, and you are satisfied with the answer then kindly mark the topic as Solved so that it is helpful for all community members.

Please click on "Thumbs Up/Kudo" icon to give a "Kudo".

Thank you for being a HPE valuable community member.

Accept or Kudo