109062 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: problem compiling programs under hpux11.11

SOLVED
Go to solution
khelij
Advisor

problem compiling programs under hpux11.11

hello everyone, I have problem compiling programs under hpux11.11 and gcc3.3.2for example, when i compiling my programm it always show error
============================
# make
/usr/local/bin/gcc -g -I/opt/OV/include -L/opt/OV/lib -c AlcPabxPolling.c
In file included from /opt/OV/include/OV/OVsnmpApi.h:60,
from /opt/OV/include/OV/OVsnmp.h:46,
from AlcPabxPolling.c:25:
/usr/include/sys/socket.h:484: error: erreur d'analyse syntaxique before "sendfile"
/usr/include/sys/socket.h:484: error: erreur d'analyse syntaxique before "bsize_t"
/usr/include/sys/socket.h:486: error: erreur d'analyse syntaxique before "sendpath"
/usr/include/sys/socket.h:486: error: erreur d'analyse syntaxique before "bsize_t"
*** Erreur - code de sortie 1

Arr├Г┬кt.
=========================================

Anyone can help me? Thanks in advance.I have attach the makefile in attachmen
26 REPLIES 26
Nicolas Dumeige
Esteemed Contributor

Bonjour

How did you install gcc, compilation / binaries ?

Have you install patch PHSS_28871 ?
( http://www.spinics.net/lists/gcchelp/msg02273.html )

A+

Nicolas
All different, all Unix
khelij
Advisor

i have install gcc 3.3.2 with swinstall
I do not know how command to list the patch on my hpux
khelij
Advisor

can you help me please
fedia
Dan Martin_1
Frequent Advisor

swlist -l product | grep PHSS_28871

or

swlist -l product | grep -i gcc

Dan
ranganath ramachandra
Esteemed Contributor

i dont think this has anything to do with PHSS_28871 (a linker/loader patch) because the build did not even reach the link stage, and no linker/loader/related include files are involved.

the problem is that gcc supplies its own sys/types.h which does not define the type sbsize_t, which is defined in HP-supplied /usr/include/sys/types.h. so you may consider adding this piece to gcc-supplied
sys/types.h .

# ifndef _BSIZE_T
# define _BSIZE_T
# if defined(_APP32_64BIT_OFF_T) || defined(_KERNEL)
typedef int64_t sbsize_t; /* signed length in bytes */
typedef uint64_t bsize_t; /* unsigned length in bytes */
# else
typedef long sbsize_t;
typedef unsigned long bsize_t;
# endif
# endif /* _BSIZE_T */

or, include /usr/include/sys/types.h instead of the gcc-supplied one (not sure if that will work well in all respects).

--
ranga
[i work for hpe]

Accept or Kudo

Rohan_7
Advisor
Solution

hi

this is a problem with GCC version that you have installed. You would be having GCC for HP-UX 11.00 rather than HP-UX11.11. If you have installed binary version of GCC 3.3.2 then this could happen.
Best way is to compile GCC on you machine.

Another solution is to add "-D_XOPEN_SOURCE_EXTENDED" in the compiler flags. With this the code compiles properly.
But I am not sure if there are any direct/indirect bad implications of this.

If you want to compile GCC, this thread would be helpfull to you:
http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=585633

HTH
Rohan
khelij
Advisor

First of all Thank you very much ;-)

the subject to this compile is :
i have HPUX 11.11 and HPOV 6.X
J have a program developpe on C for HPOV
i want to compile this script

Firstly i have include in /usr/include/sys/types.h

# ifndef _BSIZE_T
# define _BSIZE_T
# if defined(_APP32_64BIT_OFF_T) || defined(_KERNEL)
typedef int64_t sbsize_t; /* signed length in bytes */
typedef uint64_t bsize_t; /* unsigned length in bytes */
# else
typedef long sbsize_t;
typedef unsigned long bsize_t;
# endif
# endif /* _BSIZE_T */

secondly i compile and i have a new message :

./compile
/usr/local/bin/gcc -g -w -I/opt/OV/include -I. /opt/OV/lib -c AlcPabxPolling.c
gcc: /opt/OV/lib: fichier d'entr├Г┬йe d'├Г┬йdition de liens n'est pas utilis├Г┬й parce l'├Г┬йdition de lien n'a pas ├Г┬йt├Г┬й faite
/usr/local/bin/gcc -g -w -I/opt/OV/include -I. /opt/OV/lib -c SnmpPrints.c
gcc: /opt/OV/lib: fichier d'entr├Г┬йe d'├Г┬йdition de liens n'est pas utilis├Г┬й parce l'├Г┬йdition de lien n'a pas ├Г┬йt├Г┬й faite
Linking AlcPabxPolling ...
/usr/ccs/bin/ld: /opt/OV/lib: Not a valid object file (invalid system id)
collect2: ld a retourn├Г┬й 1 code d'├Г┬йtat d'ex├Г┬йcution

Arr├Г┬кt.
==========================================

I think, i have probleme to put option path in makefile
i send you the mafile and the oth
khelij
Advisor

the second file
khelij
Advisor

the third
ranganath ramachandra
Esteemed Contributor

you should not be modifying /usr/include/sys/types.h - this file is fine as it is.

i meant the gcc-supplied types.h which will be in some location like
/usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/hppa2.0n-hp-hpux11.00/3.2/include/sys/types.h

this is the file that gets included when you compile with gcc because gcc's default include path has the above path first and /usr/include later.

--
ranga
[i work for hpe]

Accept or Kudo

ranganath ramachandra
Esteemed Contributor

the problem is because of the following line in the makefile:

CFLAGS = -g -w -I/opt/OV/include -I. $(SNMP_LIBPATH) /opt/OV/lib

you want to include the library lookup path but you missed the -L.

you should change that to
CFLAGS = -g -w -I/opt/OV/include -I. -L $(SNMP_LIBPATH) -L/opt/OV/lib

note that the makefile is not initializing SNMP_LIBPATH. you have to correct that.

--
ranga
[i work for hpe]

Accept or Kudo

khelij
Advisor

just a minute i make a test
Manish Srivastava
Trusted Contributor

Hi,

If you are compiling a 64bit application then add -mlp64 to the compile option. This will remove this error.

manish
khelij
Advisor

hi
i have modify the file /usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/hppa2.0n-hp-hpux11.00/3.3.2/include/sys/types.h
after i have modify the makefile
and i have another message

# ./compile -mlp64
/usr/local/bin/gcc -g -w -I/opt/OV/include -I. -L -L/opt/OV/lib -L/opt/IXImd12s/lib -L/opt/OV/lib -c AlcPabxPolling.c
/usr/local/bin/gcc -g -w -I/opt/OV/include -I. -L -L/opt/OV/lib -L/opt/IXImd12s/lib -L/opt/OV/lib -c SnmpPrints.c
Linking AlcPabxPolling ...
done
# ls
AlcPabxPolling AlcPabxPolling.o core SnmpPrints.c
AlcPabxPolling.c AlcPabxPolling_origin makefile SnmpPrints.o
AlcPabxPolling.h compile makefile_origin
# ./AlcPabxPolling
/usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol: [Vtable]key:__dt__9exceptionFv (data) from /usr/lib/libstd.2
/usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol: typeid__XT9exception_ (data) from /opt/OV/lib/libov.3
/usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol: [Vtable]key:__dt__21__versioned_type_infoFv (data) from /opt/OV/lib/libov.3
/usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol: __bad_exception (data) from /opt/OV/lib/libov.3
/usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol: __bad_alloc_exception (data) from /opt/OV/lib/libov.3
/usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol: __curStaticObject (data) from /opt/OV/lib/libov.3
/usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol: __curStaticObject (data) from /usr/lib/libstd.2
/usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol: typeid__XT9exception_ (data) from /usr/lib/libstd.2
/usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol: [Vtable]key:__dt__21__versioned_type_infoFv (data) from /usr/lib/libstd.2
/usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol: __bad_exception (data) from /usr/lib/libstd.2
/usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol: __bad_alloc_exception (data) from /usr/lib/libstd.2
/usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol: typeid__XT9exception_ (data) from /opt/OV/lib/libovsnmp.3
/usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol: __bad_exception (data) from /opt/OV/lib/libovsnmp.3
/usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol: __bad_alloc_exception (data) from /opt/OV/lib/libovsnmp.3
/usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol: __curStaticObject (data) from /opt/OV/lib/libovsnmp.3
/usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol: [Vtable]key:__dt__21__versioned_type_infoFv (data) from /opt/OV/lib/libovsnmp.3
Abort(coredump)
#
Manish Srivastava
Trusted Contributor

Hi,

Do not change any *.h file. These files do not have a problem. If you have changed any file then please revert the changes.

You can verify that the problem is not in the header file by compiling a small test program. Use -E option to make sure that the same header file is being included.

As for the unsatisfied symbols the libc.2 should be /usr/lib/pa20_64/libc.2. Just do a nm(1) on the library and grep the symbols which are listed as unsatisfied.

manish
khelij
Advisor

if i dont make the change in types.h i have this message

# ./compile
/usr/local/bin/gcc -g -w -I/opt/OV/include -I. -L -L/opt/OV/lib -L/opt/IXImd12s/lib -L/opt/OV/lib -c AlcPabxPolling.c
/usr/include/sys/socket.h:484: error: erreur d'analyse syntaxique before "sendfile"
/usr/include/sys/socket.h:484: error: erreur d'analyse syntaxique before "bsize_t"
/usr/include/sys/socket.h:485: error: erreur d'analyse syntaxique before "sendpath"
/usr/include/sys/socket.h:485: error: erreur d'analyse syntaxique before "bsize_t"

Arr├Г┬кt.
#
Manish Srivastava
Trusted Contributor

Hi,

I do not see the -mlp64 option in the compile line. Please add it to the compile line.

manish
khelij
Advisor

i have make -mlp64 and i have the same message
Do you know the patch must i put on my hpux machine to turn gcc and hpov.

# ./compile -mlp64
/usr/include/sys/socket.h:485: error: erreur d'analyse syntaxique before "sendpath"
/usr/include/sys/socket.h:485: error: erreur d'analyse syntaxique before "bsize_t"

Arr├Г┬кt.
Manish Srivastava
Trusted Contributor

Hi,

I still do not see the -mlp64 in the compile line.

# ./compile -mlp64

edit the file: compile and add -mlp64 in the option for gcc:

/usr/local/bin/gcc -g -w -mlp64 -I....

and then try. I have had similar problem and it was solved by this.

manish.
ranganath ramachandra
Esteemed Contributor

/usr/ccs/bin/ld: /opt/OV/lib: Not a valid object file (invalid system id)

this is because the link line had /opt/OV/lib as an input file to ld. it should have followed a '-L'. this has nothing to do with 32/64 bit. header file problems cannot be solved by changing from 32-bit to 64-bit.

as for unresolved symbols, i think compiling and linking with aCC (instead of gcc) may resolve the problem.

--
ranga
[i work for hpe]

Accept or Kudo

Jeroen Peereboom
Honored Contributor

L.S.

I ran into this message too and found a workaround in not using a C program but using a shell script. I had no time to sort things out.

Like Rohan I think you have the wrong compiler. Check:

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/questionanswer.do?threadId=140474

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=470708

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/questionanswer.do?threadId=299947

Do you trust your compiled program if you've been editing some other system files just to make it through the compiler?

JP.
ranganath ramachandra
Esteemed Contributor

here is the reason why the unresolved symbols appear: libraries libstd.2, libov.3 and libsnmp.3 are built with aCC. so they have references to symbols defined in libCsup.sl.
now you did not compile/link with aCC so your program does not link with libCsup.sl. hence the unresolved symbols.

there are a few ways to resolve this:

1. build your application with aCC so that libCsup is included in the link line by the compiler. all other related problems are also avoided.

2. link your application with libCsup by adding the following to CFLAGS: -lCsup

3. use LD_PRELOAD to preload libCsup at run-time. you can do this with the command
LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libCsup.sl ./AlcPabxPolling

compiling and linking for PA64 instead of PA32 may solve your problem in some mysterious way but you may not be able to do it all the time.

--
ranga
[i work for hpe]

Accept or Kudo

ranganath ramachandra
Esteemed Contributor

to make it simple - because of the unresolved symbols problem i recommend that you use aCC.

if you prefer gcc, perhaps you should try compiling it with the correct version as others have suggested. if the problem of unresolved symbols is still not solved, i think using aCC is the solution.

--
ranga
[i work for hpe]

Accept or Kudo

khelij
Advisor

HI
Thank you very much for your help.
This is my first time to ask question in hp Forum and i am happy the people help me .

Actually , i have delete GCC 3.3.2 and install GCC 3.3.3
I have change may makefile
I have delete this libs :
-lsocket -lXm /usr/lib/libC.so.5

This is my actual makefile
############################################
LIBPATH = -L/opt/OV/lib -L/opt/IXImd12s/lib
SNMP_LIBPATH = -L/opt/OV/lib -L/opt/IXImd12s/lib
OVW_LIBPATH = -L /opt/OV/lib -L /usr/dt/lib -R /opt/OV/lib
CFLAGS = -g -w -I /opt/OV/include -I. -L $(SNMP_LIBPATH) -L /opt/OV/lib -D_XOPEN_SOURCE_EXTENDED
LIBS = -lovsnmp -lovw -lov -lnsl
CC = /usr/local/bin/gcc

LIBS = -lovsnmp -lovw -lov -lsocket -lnsl -lXm /usr/lib/libC.so.5

############################################

When i compile my binary i have this message :
/usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol:[Vtable]key:__dt__9exceptionFv (data)from/usr/lib/libstd.2
/usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol:typeid__XT9exception_ (data) from /opt/OV/lib/libov.3
/usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol:[Vtable]key:__dt__21__versioned_type_infoFv (data) from /opt/OV/lib/libov.3
/usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol: __bad_exception(data) from /opt/OV/lib/libov.3
/usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol:__bad_alloc_exception (data) from /opt/OV/lib/libov.3
/usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol: __curStaticObject(data) from /opt/OV/lib/libov.3
/usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol: __curStaticObject(data) from /usr/lib/libstd.2
/usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol:typeid__XT9exception_ (data) from /usr/lib/libstd.2
/usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol:[Vtable]key:__dt__21__versioned_type_infoFv (data) from /usr/lib/libstd.2
/usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol: __bad_exception(data) from /usr/lib/libstd.2
/usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol:__bad_alloc_exception (data) from /usr/lib/libstd.2
/usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol:typeid__XT9exception_ (data) from/opt/OV/lib/libovsnmp.3
/usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol: __bad_exception(data) from /opt/OV/lib/libovsnmp.3
/usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol:__bad_alloc_exception (data) from/opt/OV/lib/libovsnmp.3
/usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol: __curStaticObject(data) from /opt/OV/lib/libovsnmp.3
/usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol:[Vtable]key:__dt__21__versioned_type_infoFv (data) from /opt/OV/lib/libovsnmp.3
Abort(coredump)

########################################"

I think , i have Link pb with systeme and HPOV library
/opt/OV/lib/libov.3
/opt/OV/lib/libovsnmp.3
/usr/lib/dld.sl

Monday, i make test to find the lib with ldconfig and find this libraries :
-lsocket -lXm /usr/lib/libC.so.5

Thank you very much

Fedia from France