New Discussion юеВ

Re: Run a script from CDE

SOLVED
Go to solution
Aljosa_1
Advisor

Run a script from CDE

Hello,

I have a perl script which for which I create icon on my CDE desktop. I have two "problems" which I would like to get rid off. First is how to remove window for options and arguments which I get after select a script to run and second is how to close window (shell) after script is finished (I try with exec sh which gives me back a shell but doesn't close the window).

Aljosa
2 REPLIES 2
RAC_1
Honored Contributor

1. I think it would help, if you pass on the required arguments on command line itself. Hope that will not give you a window, that aks for options and arguments.

2. You can put exit command. This will exit the shell, once the script is run.

Anil
There is no substitute to HARDWORK
Steve Steel
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi

Check your action file

Specifying the Window Support for the Action

Use the WINDOW_TYPE field to specify the type of windowing support required by the action.WINDOW_TYPE Windowing Support Provided
NO_STDIO None. Use NO_STDIO if the application has its own window, or if the command has no visible output.
PERM_TERMINAL
Permanent terminal emulator window. The action opens a terminal window that remains open until the user explicitly closes it. The user can enter data into the window. Use with commands that take some input, produce some output, then terminate (for example, ls directory).
TERMINAL Temporary terminal emulator window. The action opens a terminal window that closes as soon as the command is completed. Use with full-screen commands (for example, vi).

See
http://www.docs.hp.com/cgi-bin/fsearch/framedisplay?top=/hpux/onlinedocs/B1171-90102/B1171-90102_top.html&con=/hpux/onlinedocs/B1171-90102/00/00/74-con.html&toc=/hpux/onlinedocs/B1171-90102/00/00/74-toc.html&searchterms=NO_STDIO&queryid=20041018-030134

For data on actions

Steve Steel
If you want truly to understand something, try to change it. (Kurt Lewin)