108829 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Sourcing the software for a Tachyon adapter card install on 10.20

SOLVED
Go to solution
Brendan Newport
Frequent Advisor

Sourcing the software for a Tachyon adapter card install on 10.20

I'm going through the process of attaching two Tachyon cards to a 10.20 K460 (via a HSC expansion card) and encountering a little problem sourcing the enabling software.

I have the patches (PHKL_16751, PHKL_17590 and PHSS_23581) and the driver bundle A6685A, but I am struggling to source the enabling (presumerably for GSCtoPCI) software bundle J3630BA that contributes /usr/conf/lib/libfcms.a.

The Tachyon install instructions indicate that this bundle is available on the 10.20 Applications CD release for March 2000. Unfortunately I don't have a release later than April 1999.

I performed a search on software.hp.com but can't locate an image of this bundle. Anyone know if this product is available elsewhere from an online source, or on any other CD sets (the online Hardware Extension CD image is April 1999 too.)

Thanks in anticipation.

Bren
"It doesn't have to be like this. All we need to do is make sure we keep talking"(Dave Gilmour)
5 REPLIES 5
Stefan Farrelly
Honored Contributor
Solution

Attached is J3630BA for 10.20. We used this version on our 10.20 boxes with HSC Fiber to an EMC - worked fine.

Im from Palmerston North, New Zealand, but somehow ended up in London...
Stefan Farrelly
Honored Contributor

My previous reply has the attachment but something is wrong with the itrc site as I cant download it - permission denied or page not found. If you let me know your email address I can email it to you.

Cheers,

Stefan
Robin Wakefield
Honored Contributor

Hi Bren,

I have June 1998 Application CD (B3920-13932), and J3630BA is on Disk 1 (of 4). The bundle J1602AA_APZ may also be required + FCMS fileset.

Rgds, Robin.
Brendan Newport
Frequent Advisor

Terrific response guys.

My email address is Brendan.Newport@uk.origin-it.com Stevan, could you email the depot? I would be most grateful.

Robin is quite right, the bundle seems to be on earlier cd's, but I can't tell if the version has incremented, and if it has, no way of upgrading.
"It doesn't have to be like this. All we need to do is make sure we keep talking"(Dave Gilmour)
Stefan Farrelly
Honored Contributor

Hi Brendan,

just emailed it. We tried an older version first and it didnt work, so we used the later version I emailed you which worked fine (B.10.20.61). Let us know if email doesnt arrive, may take some time as over 400k.