Operating System - HP-UX
1755189 Members
6096 Online
108830 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Stop diagmond from opening port 1508?

SOLVED
Go to solution
2xyo
Frequent Advisor

Dear,

i have the same problem :
# swlist | grep -i OnlineDiag
OnlineDiag B.11.11.16.09 HPUX 11.11 Support Tools Bundle, Sep 2005

# /sbin/init.d/diagnostic stop
# /sbin/init.d/diagnostic start
# netstat -an|grep 1508
# netstat -an|grep 1508
# netstat -an|grep 1508
tcp 0 0 *.1508 *.* LISTEN

After a short time, the port is open...
There is a solution to listen on localhost only ?
Michael Steele_2
Honored Contributor

2xyo

You need to open a new posting

a) This is Tom's posting
b) This is from last October
Support Fatherhood - Stop Family Law
Ronald Helzer

Regardless if the post is from last October, the problem persists with no solution given.

I can verify I see the same issue: despite setting LOCAL_ONLY_ENABLE to 1, diagmond insists on opening TCP port 1508 and another seemingly random TCP port to the world.

Regulatory compliance mandates these ports be closed. I'd rather not have to turn off diagmond to meet the mandate.
Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor

Consider installing IPFilter and using it to block all incoming external connections to non-essential services.

That should fulfill your regulatory requirements, whether or not diagmond can be persuaded to listen to 127.0.0.1 only.

MK
MK
Michael Steele_2
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi

Ronald "..Regulatory compliance mandates these ports be closed. I'd rather not have to turn off diagmond to meet the mandate..."

I was wondering what references?

diagmond has been a standard online diagnostics daemon for many, many years. Over a decade I'm sure.

I can't see blocking any port that would interfere with the collection of alarm messages from the server. I am certain that any HP CE would say that diagmond needs to be up and running least it prevent them from diagnosing a problem.

If you are suggesting turning off diagmond then the result would be much prolonged downtime from unexpected outages.
Support Fatherhood - Stop Family Law
Tom Ward_1
Honored Contributor

I gave up on this. MAYBE, that's a big maybe, having the latest diagnostics will fix this. We have some systems that listen only to localhost, but others that do not.