New Discussion юеВ

Re: STREAMS DLKM Module

SOLVED
Go to solution
Sriharimohan
Advisor

STREAMS DLKM Module

Hi,
I wrote a DLKM Streams module in HP-UX 11.11. When I use the kminstall, config, & kmupdate tools, it generates the following error message. The same module works in another HP-UX 11.11. I think there must be some kernel param setting or patchs to fix this problem. Is there any one to give solution for this problem.

kminstall -a mymodule
# config -M mymodule
Generating module: mymodule...
/usr/ccs/bin/ld: /stand/build/mod_wk.d/mymodule/mod_conf.o: Mismatched ABI. 64-bit PA object file found in 32-bit link.
*** Error exit code 1

Stop.
config: make did an exit(1)

rgds,
Hari
One is not defeated when he fails, he is defeated when he quits!!
4 REPLIES 4
melvyn burnard
Honored Contributor

you might want to recompile your module using the +DA2.0W switch
My house is the bank's, my money the wife's, But my opinions belong to me, not HP!
rick jones
Honored Contributor

just as you cannot mix 32-bit and 64-bit objects in a user-space program, you cannot mix 32-bit and 64-bit objects in the kernel (which at one level is just a program itself).

your module must be compiled to the same "bitness" as the kernel into which it is to be loaded.

if the kernel is 64-bit you need to compile your module with +DD64

"bitness" of the running kernel can be retrieved via a getconf command and an apropriate paramter as described in the getconf manpage
there is no rest for the wicked yet the virtuous have no pillows
Sriharimohan
Advisor

The getconfig KERNEL_BITS returns 64.

I tried the +DD64, but it vain. I don't know which Make file the config calls. I found a make file in /usr/bin/make, but it is a binary file.

The steps involed in the module installation is..

b4 these steps, the current directory should contain the mymodule.c file, mod.o the object file [compiled using the settings given, master file & a system file]. The problem is the comfig compiles the mymodule.c again, hence it ends in an error

kminstall -a mymodule
config -M mymodule
kmupdate -M mymodule

I tried the same steps in another Server, it works cool, but I'm unab;e to figure out the settings. can anyone suggest?

-Hari
One is not defeated when he fails, he is defeated when he quits!!
Arunvijai
Solution

Hari,

Use +DD64 to compile the mod.o file, before installing your module using km tools.

It will fix your problem.

regards,
Arunvijai
Never give up