108828 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

What is HP C/ANSI-C Developer Bundle - B3901BA

SOLVED
Go to solution
Joe Bozen
Advisor

What is HP C/ANSI-C Developer Bundle - B3901BA

What CD should this product be on? I'm running 11.23 Itanium. I looked at the Application CD that was delived with all my software but I cannot find this bundle.

thanks,

joe...
8 REPLIES 8
Michael Tully
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: What is HP C/ANSI-C Developer Bundle - B3901BA

I am sure it's on CD1, but in saying that you need a license key in which to unlock it. (it is not a free product) You can look at the CD_CONTENTS file on any CD which will tell you for sure which one.

The alternative is load gcc from one of the porting centres.
Anyone for a Mutiny ?
Joe Bozen
Advisor

I got a bunch of boxes with the licenses in them, no CD's. I did get another box which had about 4 CD's, one being 'Application Deveopment'. On this CD, I can see a bunch of other bundles, just not the one I'm looking for. In fact, I checked all CD's and I did not see any. Maybe I missing another shipment?

joe...
Michael Tully
Honored Contributor

I have the same version and have the app cd's. Not sure what CD it's on seeing on not where the CD's are .... As mentioned, what does it say on the CD_CONTENTS file?

BTW the ANSI/C will only work from the CD for 11.23, nothing else.
Anyone for a Mutiny ?
YoungHwan, Ko
Valued Contributor

To use this product,
You must be purchase the license. And register at the website http://licensing.hp.com to get the codewode.
Install the C/ANSI C with Application CD.
It is located on Application CD #1 of the set.
(swinstall-action-add codeword=>Write codeword=>select the C/ANSI C for S800).
Joe Bozen
Advisor

Ok, I can see

CPL Product: B3901BA
Codeword Req.: Yes
Size: 536576627
Revision: C.05.55
Description: HP C/ANSI C Developer's Bundle (S800)

when I list the table of contents from my DVD, however, when I issue

>>swinstall -i -s /cdrom

I do not see this CPL as a installable product. When I did run this command, it did display this message:

Only software compatible with the target is available for selection

Could it be that this CPL is not compatible with my 11.23?

Simon Hargrave
Honored Contributor

Codeword Req.: Yes

This means that it will only display in your swinstall list IF you have installed the codeword.

You need to get a codeword generated from your license, then add the codeword to the server by going through "Actions...Add New Codeword" in swinstall. When you've correctly added the codeword it will be listed as installable.
Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

Joe,

SD commands like swinstall and swcopy will not be able to see this (or any other) purchaseable product until a codeword is entered for the product. Check the licenses you got to see if they have codewords on them or if they're just "licenses". If there are no codewords, contact HP licensing at
http://licensing.hp.com/index.slm

Pete

Pete
Joe Bozen
Advisor

Thanks to everyone. This process is new to me. I come from TRU64 Unix where all my license were on a CD and all I had to do was to install them. I can now see my product after getting my 'secret' passcode. :)

joe...