108828 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Xperfmon problem with /stand/vmunix

Dylan Fahey
Frequent Advisor

Xperfmon problem with /stand/vmunix

Hi,
I'm using a b2000 w/11.00 installed.
I've downloaded the Xperfmon for 10.20 and 11.00.
I've loaded the 10.20 version on my 715 box, and it works great on my vue xwindows client.
However, on the B2000/CDE isntallation, when I execute '#xperfmon &', I get '#no stand/vmunix namelist'.
I'm attaining middle ground as far as unix/linux experience is concerned, however, I have no idea what this means, nor can I find the answer in the manuals. Does this mean the xperfmon is not getting some 'access' to the stand/vmunix or something to that effect? Xperfmon has 755 root/sys permissions. If it's some permission problem, please tell me exactly how to fix it with a 'chmod xxx' type of explaination. Thanks.

TIA,
Dylan sends
I'd rather do it with the Penguin!
3 REPLIES 3
Alex Glennie
Honored Contributor

Not sure ... does dmesg give any clues ? I'm wondering if the contents of /stand/vmunix isn't matching /dev/kmem or the kernal thats loaded into memory ?
Dylan Fahey
Frequent Advisor

Well, right now, I'm not hooked up to the network, so I do see errors in the dmesg output for that. On the flip side, I tried '#xperfmon system' to narrow down what xperfmon looks at, and I still see the /stand/vmunix error. I tell you what, this is a new system. Let me get all the patches on board, and then we'll see what happens then. See ya tomorrow.
Dylan Fahey
Frequent Advisor

I've rebuilt the system, loaded the Dec quality pack, and still get the same above error. How do I check the thing about /dev/kmem, kernal or whatever? I don't know how to track something like this down.