3077 Online
108827 Solutions
New Discussion

Installation SuSe 11.1 on DL380p Gen8, Hard Disk not detected

JesusFNevado
Occasional Contributor

Installation SuSe 11.1 on DL380p Gen8, Hard Disk not detected

Hello,

I am try to install SuSe 11.1 on DL380p Gen8 but I cannot. The dinstallation process dont see hard drive to install.

I have change the value SATA Controller options in the BIOS, then DVD is see but I can not see the hard disk.

I have P420i controller installed with RAID 1 configured on 2 hard disks.

How I can install the operating system ?? I can not see the hard disk configured on SmartArray. 

Thanks a lot,

JF

3 REPLIES 3
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Re: Installation SuSe 11.1 on DL380p Gen8, Hard Disk not detected

The support Matrix shows you need to look at this customer advisory if you're using SLES11 SP1 and download the appropriate kISO image from the link provided in the advisory

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/kb/docDisplay/?spf_p.tpst=kbDocDisplay&spf_p.prp_kbDocDisplay=wsrp-navigationalState%3DdocId%253Demr_na-c03237878-1%257CdocLocale%253D%257CcalledBy%253D&javax.portlet.begCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken&javax.portlet.endCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken

SLES11 SP3 does not require the kISO image

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
Jesus_51
Advisor

Thanks,

I have try in install since this file, but I obtain the same error. I need to know how I can use this file. 

Please, Could you give me step to step the procedure ?? I need to specify more files.

Thanks,

JF

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

The kernel in SLES 11 SP1 doesn't have the required drivers fro the Smart Array controller. You need to boot from the kISO image instead of the SLES11 SP1 media. Booting from the kIO media will start the SUSE installation process. During the installation you will be prompted to insert the SP1 media. During the intallation process the kernel from the kISO media will be installed to your disk, along with the required updated drivers.

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum!