Operating System - Microsoft
1753808 Members
8260 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Battery check does not recognise battery

Chris O'Hanlon

Battery check does not recognise battery

I have a Compaq 6820s laptop (Bought Jan 2008). Last night after running on battery for 1┬╜ hours, machine shut down at 5% battery capacity. (not unexpected!). Reconnected charger, but no charging indication. Charge now down to 2%. Left overnight. This morning. Everything was apparently normal. Indicator went from blue at 98% to off at 100%, BUT when I ran battery check, it says it cannot locate a battery (but at bottom of check panel it saya it is charging 100%!). I unplugged charger, and computer continues to run with 100% on battery.

From this, I conclude that the battery test software appears to be faulty. Is it faulty, or does it just need re-calibrating, if so how do I do it?
3 REPLIES 3
raghukiran.g
Frequent Advisor

hi chris,

lithium alkaline batteries are maintainence free batteries,and your check panel shows 100% battery,so there might be some problem with the software itself...
Proud to be in HP IT Resource Center
Chris O'Hanlon

Hi, raghukiran.g
Thank you for your observation. You have the same thought as me, that that the software has become corrupted. Two months on, the computer can still run on battery for about 1├В┬╜ hours, with the indicator showing how much power remains, but the battery check still insists that there is no battery! I guess that it would matter if I had a second (or more) battery, but as it doesn't seem to cause any other problems, I don't think I need to do anything more about it.
Roger Faucher
Honored Contributor