Operating System - Microsoft
1752614 Members
4218 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DC7700 / Intel 82566DM with SMS Image deployment

Robert Giroux2

DC7700 / Intel 82566DM with SMS Image deployment

I have read the articles regarding RIS and it's probably related. We deploy our images via SMS and we are able to caputre the image and put it up on our distribution points, but when we go to install the image the network card isn't found.

I have tried all of the HP drivers and the Intel drivers from tehir site as well, anyone else run into this problem? I would assume it somewhat related to the RIS problem.

I have also tried different options with copying INF siles to SYSTEM32 and the INF files from the RIS_INF folder.

Anyways, very frustrating as we have about 1200 of these machines and currently we have to hook up a USB NIC in order to get the image on the box.

4 REPLIES 4
Robert Giroux2

Anyone?

We use the OSD , I see lots for RIS but we haven't implemented a RIS server yet.

It's so wierd that we can capture an image but when we go to install an image the net drivers dont' work.

If I run IPCONFIG, I just get "Windows IP COnfiguration" that's it.

I can ping 127.0.0.1.

Robert Giroux2

?

Would HP help me with this if I paid $$$ ?
Ramdan

I am facing similar issue with this new Intel Card 82566DM , my RIS works fine with all Cards but this . I had no resolution up to date even though Intel Gives ideas about modifying the INF file but no use . Microsoft addresses these issues but at a cost , some people says Microsoft releases hotfixes at paid rate 'cause it is not an MS issue it is pure Intel issue
Robert Giroux2

I don't mind paying, I guess I should give them a call. I jsut don't want the "It's not our problem" call Intel or HP