Operating System - Microsoft
1752717 Members
6016 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Disabling built in video on an HP Pavilion 7020 (75 MHz)

Daniel March

Disabling built in video on an HP Pavilion 7020 (75 MHz)

Is there a way to disable the built in video on the 7020? I tried to install an ATI Rage 120 Pro video card(PCI ) once the new card is inserted the machine fails to boot... It beeps, three times if I remember correctly... It seems to me that it is going to be necessary to disable the built in video...
4 REPLIES 4
Irving Lopez
Advisor

HI,
you disable your built-in video card changing the mother board jumping setting. A mother board user manual must be shipped with your pc.
TAMA
Daniel March

Um, problem is that I do not have the motherboard manual... Would it be possible for me to obtain it in PDF form?
Denver Osborn
Honored Contributor

Only thing I've managed to find online was for a 3200 series... have a look, it might help.
http://www.hp.com/cposupport/personal_computing/support_doc/bph04534.html
Joseph Keel

Hmm, I've been working on the exact same computer! :) I also did not recieve any motherboard jumper setting information, just a quickstart guide and some info on system specs and upgrading. I also got sick of the trio and upgraded with a Permedia1 4meg PCI card. It is functional, but the trio is still active and I wanted to disable it just for peace of mind. I tried changing jumpers in several positions, but no luck. I'm not sure that they intended for it to be ever disabled.
I've experienced this same problem when upgrading a Packard Bell from this same time period. These products work solid, but the engineers were not thorough enough, the case designs on both say it all.. lol