1752817 Members
4195 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Hp recovery questions

Cheryl Selesky

Hp recovery questions

hi,
I recently ordered my hp pc recovery disks and i have a question about them. When i insert the first recovery disk and it asks me if i would like to perform a standard of full system roceovey, suppose i choose full system recovery. does this mean that it will completely whipe out my hard drive and reinstall windows xp and original software automatically? or would i have to insert the windows xp cd and install it myself? i am asking this becuase my hp did not come with the windows xp cd so im hoping it will automatically take me to the windows xp setup after recovery. i would greatly appreciate any help on this. thanx.
3 REPLIES 3
John Y
Honored Contributor

Re: Hp recovery questions

Maybe this will help.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?product=60975тМй=en&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&docname=bph07145
Rich S
Honored Contributor

No, the recovery disks will wipe out and restore whatever original operating system that comes standard with your particular PC.

If you installed XP yourself, why would you want the recovery disks anyway?

They are only good for restoring the system back to the way it was when it was purchased.
Most of the software that comes with it is not worth salvaging either although some users like it.

Which PC model do you have?

Rich
MikeOB
Frequent Advisor

The recovery dvd is an image of a factory built hp xp install. And will wipe everything off your hard drive; if your looking for just a Drivers & Software CD you would have to request this seperatly form hp.

michael.obrien2@hp.com