cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: ISA server 2000 and Lotus Notes 6.5.1

Highlighted
Regular Advisor

ISA server 2000 and Lotus Notes 6.5.1

I am trying to send emails through the ISA server 2000 and I have made all the configuration to do so, but I receive an error on my Lotus Notes email server that says: ROUTER, SMTP server not responding.
What I did was to telnet my lotus notes server to port 25 from my ISA server 2000 and I can see that my Lotus Notes server is reponding pretty well, but when I telnet from my Lotus Notes server to the ISA server, I see no response.
Can anyone of you help me with this one?.
Thanks in advance.
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Luis,

How do you fix your problem, I have the same but using Domino R5

Regards
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Hello,

Maybe your ISA server has a firewall with incorrect rules of TCP packets filtering, and TCP packets to the port 25 of SMTP server doesn't pass through your ISA server.

Best regards,
Viktor V. Lubezniy
Regular Advisor

Hi,

I have my lotus notes delivering emails with this Netwok Associates gauntlet V5.5 firewall and it works pretty well, but if I try it with ISA Server 2000, then I start having this communication error.
Do you have any documentation that can help us to configure the ISA server 2000?. I already try that one on the ISA Server forum, but it didn't work. I think that they only have this information to work with Exchange and not any other email software.
Thanks.
Highlighted

Hi,

I hope it not too late because just now I have same problem. I cannot telnet to port 25 with my ISA.

Do you have the solution of this problem? Will you share the solution?

Appreciate & Thanks in advance,

Heri