1753787 Members
7692 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Problemi con ssd esterni NvMe type M2 su usb 3.1

JeanPaul
Occasional Visitor

Problemi con ssd esterni NvMe type M2 su usb 3.1

Vorrei usare un Toshiba NVMe 512GB modello THNSN5512GPU7 come supporto esterno di BackUp.
Ho provato vari case che funzionano su tutti gli altri computer in mio possesso, con identico sistema operativo, ma collegati al microserver non danno segni di vita, si accende dolo la lucina di alimentazione; probabilmente il server tenta l'accesso, perché il case si scalda parecchio, ma riesce solo a farlo vedere tra le unità usb (icona di rimozione sulla barra delle applicazioni) e alla richiesta di rimozione non succede nulla, ma se lo si rimuove appare la finestra che segnala che il gen10 non riesce più ad accedere allo SSD.

Ho scaricato dal sito e installati i driver più recenti.
L'unico case, tra i parecchi che ho provato, che ha dato segni di vita è "ICYBOX-IB-1817M-C31", che però si pianta, quasi subito, durante il trasferimento dati e poi si comporta come tutti gli altri case.
OS Revision: Microsoft Windows 10 64bit

Google Translation:

I would use a Toshiba NVMe 512GB model THNSN5512GPU7 as external support for BackUp. I have tried various houses that work on all the other computers in my possession,
with the same operating system, but connected to the microserver they do not show signs of life, they only turn on the power light; probably the server tries to access it,
because the case gets very hot, but only manages to show it between the usb drives (removal icon on the taskbar) and nothing is done to the removal request, but if you remove it,
the window that indicates that gen10 is no longer able to access the SSD. I downloaded the latest drivers from the site and installed them. The only case, among the many that
I have tried, that has given signs of life is "ICYBOX-IB-1817M-C31", which, however, crashes, almost immediately, during data transfer and then behaves like all the other houses .

OS Revision: Microsoft Windows 10 64bit

2 REPLIES 2
pragav
Valued Contributor

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in HPE community!

It seems that you are trying to attach external SSD to Gen 10 Microserver which is not getting detected.

Few queries need to understand:

1. Has this worked before?

2. Is this working on any other gen 10 microserver in your environment?

3. Are any other USB devices , lets say a Pendrive if connected via same USB port on the affected system works as expected?

4. Have you tried rebooting the machine while the external SSD is connected and check if you can access after reboot?

5. Do you see that same behavior if connected to other USB ports?

In summary : if none of the USB devices are getting detected on the affected microserver then there may be a issue with the port. 

If issue still persist , I would suggest you log a ticket with HPE support for deep dive troubleshooting.

Hope this helps!

JeanPaul
Occasional Visitor

Hi, thanks for ur interest

1. Yes, all the enclosures 3.1 gen2 that I tested perfectly work on many other computers
  2. I don't have other microserver
  3. i’ve many other devices usb 3.0 and 3.1, and all they perfectly work
  4. Yes, I’ve, but the only result is to see the drive among the units detachable, not in the briefcase "this PC", and it is not usable
  5. all USB ports they work in the same way

In summary : if none of the USB devices are getting detected on the affected microserver then there may be a issue with the port

All ports work correctly with all other device USB 3.0 e 3.1 that I’ve; I think that the problem exists only with the USB 3.1 gen2 and microserver it doesn't have the support for these devices of new generation

I've already opened a ticket in HPE support, but I'vnt received answers