1752713 Members
5510 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: SQL Server 2017 on HPE DL580 Gen10: freeze on reboot

Sistemi_S
Occasional Collector

SQL Server 2017 on HPE DL580 Gen10: freeze on reboot

Good morning, we would like to know if the installation of SQL server 2017 on Windows server 2019 is officially supported on this machine. Specifically, the CU13 upgrade of SQL Server. In fact, we had trouble restarting (freeze) both after installing SQL Server and after installing the Cumulative Update and we had to physically turn off the machine a few times.

SLQ Server 2017 Std is supported on Windows Server 2019 Std which is certified on a DL580 Gen10, but this combination is supported on the same hardware?

S.o. is fully patched and we have already launched HPE Smart Update Manager 8.3.7 and all drivers/firmware are updated.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
MV3
HPE Pro

Hi ,

Good Day!

DL580 Gen10 supports Win 2019 , Please find the below link for OS support matrix.

http://h17007.www1.hpe.com/us/en/enterprise/servers/supportmatrix/windows.aspx#.XHzMpIgzaUk

As you said the server freezes and a physical intervention is required, Looks like the backend services of SQL might be causing the problem. I would suggest you to please get in touch with Application vendor for analysis.

Cheers

I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
Sistemi_S
Occasional Collector

On that server i see many alerts/errors about NICs. For example:

*Description of IML Event ID 4367, Class Code 17, Event Code 10: HPE
Ethernet 1Gb 2-port 332T Adapter #5 Connectivity status changed to Link
Failure for adapter in slot 5, port 1. If the connection is lost, then
check the physical connection from the server to its destination device
such as interconnect ,blade, switch etc, including any cables.*

That port is connected, other ports are disabled. Server is connected to
the LAN but the system registry has many errors like that.

Thank you
Emanuele Lanza
Sistemi e Apparati Software
MV3
HPE Pro

Hi

Thank you  for witing back,

Based upon the event message shared, Looks like there is some communication issue on slot 5 and port 1.

Could be a cable issue if the evet messages are too frequent.

I would suggest you to please replace the ethernet cable and check for the connectivity issues. If the issue still persists, enage your network team to see if there are any communication issues with server & switch.

Raise a Support case with HPE if you need further assistance.

Cheers

I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
pengliu
Occasional Visitor

hi  sistemi_s:

i have encountered the same issue like yours,    did you fix this issue?    and how to fix it?

MV3
HPE Pro

@Sistemi_S 

Request you to please help update if the provided resolution comment helped you in fixing the issue.

@pengliu 

Thank you  for posting your quiere here. 

Iam a HPE Employee

I am an HPE employee.
Accept or Kudo