Operating System - Microsoft
1752388 Members
5981 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Unable to flash firmware on BL465 running Windows server 2008 with HyperV enabled

Mikael R├╢nnb├дck
Super Advisor

Unable to flash firmware on BL465 running Windows server 2008 with HyperV enabled

We have set up our first HyperV test server and one thing I have noted is that I am not allowed to flash the system firmware via the HP online flash. All I get is a message that System ROM is locked and I am not allowed to flash it.

Is this due to the HyperV installation which required enabling of AMD virtualization settings in BIOS ?
2 REPLIES 2
Gianluca Nanoia
Advisor

Re: Unable to flash firmware on BL465 running Windows server 2008 with HyperV enabled

Is due to "AMD virtualization" and "execute memory protection" enabled in the bios.

Disable them an you can flash the bios, then reboot and re-enable them to use Hyper-V service at next reboot

Bye
Mikael R├╢nnb├дck
Super Advisor

Thanks, should have updated the question that I figured out the cause. There is still no solution though, since having to reboot and configure settings prior and post installation kind of defeats automatic installation.