cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which LUN can one use for HPE ProLiant 360p Windows Server Hyper-V Cluster

Highlighted

Which LUN can one use for HPE ProLiant 360p Windows Server Hyper-V Cluster

Hello!

My boss got two identical HPE ProLiant DL 360p Gen8. Also he own one Windows 2012 R2 Server Standard ROK and one Windows 2012 R2 Datacenter ROK. Further more he has four Samsung 480 GB SSD with HPE riser modules for those servers (non hot plug).

Now I am going to plug in two SSDs (raid2 them) in each ProLiant DL360 Gen8 and going to install (intelligent provisioning) HPE Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard ROK on the one and HPE Windows 2012 R2 Datacenter ROK on the other. Told him allready that Microsoft stopped Windows 2012 R2 Server and in middle term 2016 Server Upgrade is needed.

Which central device can I use or can be additionally bought for the central data storage (LUN) for the planning of the middle terme use (of those ProLiant DL 360p Gen 8) as a Windows Server Hyper-V Cluster for a virtual host with Windows 2012 R2 Essentials Server (HPE ROK) and Microsoft Microsoft SQL 2017 Standard Developer Server? Which additional components can we look on for this purpose or can we use local ssd storage in each HPE ProLiant as LUN for the cluster?

I was wondering if HPE professionals would give us hints or answers to those products, even the ProLiants ran out of warranty and no HPE care services bought additional.

Seeing therefore forward to read here about purposals for further investigation of advantages and disadvantages of those purposals and the present the boss a stable, robust as well as most performant and reliable solution with allready existing components.

Going also to install HPE Insighs on each on premises with also my boss email-adress so that he is able to have also real time insights in his server infrastruktur and can also act quickly in case something happens and in case I am not there in house.

Regards,

Dirk
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Which LUN can one use for HPE ProLiant 360p Windows Server Hyper-V Cluster

Im am also asking in the Microsoft Forum therefore, maybe see: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/30325e9d-b781-412a-914b-50020a5211a4/hyperv-cluster-with-hp-proliant-dl360-hp-d2700-storage-das?forum=winserverhyperv

More important: Can we use the two local ssds (raid2) in each HPE ProLiant for operating system as well as for the hyper-v cluster virtual maschines? Maybe a partition C: for OS with Hypervisor and a partition D: for virtual maschines on the 480 GB RAID2 SSD in each ProLiant to build yet a Hyper-V Cluster with both physical maschines?

Best regards,

Dirk