1753882 Members
7276 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: 2010 Connect OpenVMS Bootcamp Call for Papers closes 1 June

Bill Pedersen
Regular Advisor

2010 Connect OpenVMS Bootcamp Call for Papers closes 1 June

Yes, that's right, no extensions. The 2010 Connect OpenVMS Bootcamp Call for Papers closes 1 June. IF you planned on submitting a paper and have not then this is your wake up call - do it NOW!

If your name is not in the list below then you have not submitted a session nor are you on the speaker list, with the exception of some of the Keynote Session speakers.

John Andruszkiewicz
John Apps
Jeremy Begg
Sarah Booth
Daniel Buckley
Daniel Bumbarger
Wolfgang Burger
Brett Cameron
John Covert
Gail Davidson
Kevin Duffy
John Egolf
Henrik Elmgren
Rob Eulenstein
John Fisher
Carl Friedberg
Robert Gezelter
Greg Guthman
Tom Heim
Stephen Hoffman
Bryan Holland
Anders Johansson
William (Bill) Johnson
Greg Jordan
Larry Kilgallen
Norman Lastovica
Peter Marquez
Brad McCusker
James Melhop
Keith Parris
Stanley Quayle
Wes Roberts
Jeff Robie
Wayne Sauer
Robin Schipper
Dave Sullivan
Lars Sundqvist
Hein van den Heuvel
Richard Whalen
Alan Winston

Each of the above have submitted one or more presentation for consideration of presentation at the 2010 Connect OpenVMS Bootcamp during 12-17 September in Nashua, New Hampshire.

If you do not see someone here and think they should be please forward this notice to them and remind them to submit their paper.

To submit your presentation please go to:

http://www.connect-community.org/default.asp?OVMSCFP

Fill in the form and submit your presentation.

We look forward to your technical presentations for consideration of inclusion at THE OpenVMS technical event of 2010 - the Connect OpenVMS Bootcamp.

Thank you.

Regards,

Bill Pedersen
Sessions Coordinator
Event Project Manager
Bill Pedersen
CCSS - Computer Consulting System Services, LLC
6 REPLIES 6
Ian Miller.
Honored Contributor

a worthy announcement but not a technical question so should not be on this forum.

Ian:

I would argue that this is an appropriate item to post for discussion.
Bill Pedersen
Volker Halle
Honored Contributor

Bill Pedersen
Regular Advisor

Volker:

Yes, I have posted similar content on comp.os.vms. I have also posted to the VMS-SIG listserv, OpenVMS Group on LinkedIn.com, OpenVMS.org and the Yahoo! Friends of OpenVMS. While there is overlap on these lists and forums they are not all the same. There are some people who do not choose to participate in some of these environments so multiple postings are the only way to handle it.

It should be noted that there are more people on this post. We have several more presenters and sessions submitted in just the last three days.

I would rather get the information in front of as many faces as possible via whatever means possible. Marketing. Evangelism. Activism.

And, I have to take the occasional flack from folks like JF but in the mean time I would rather push people to get things moving than to sit and complain about it.

Bill.
Bill Pedersen
Ian Miller.
Honored Contributor

Bill,
if you posted this to OpenVMS.Org that would be fine. (I just did)

Your announcement is of interest to this community. Commercial announcements are not allowed but your announcement was not commercial.

But this place is for Technical questions and answers. Other places have been ruined by non technical posts. So far this place has not. None technical posts are rare here.

Is your posting inappropriate? - I don't know - I would like to see this forum kept strictly for Q & A but I don't set the rules and I'm not a moderator.

Ian,

I for one visit here almost dayly, but only rarely at the other sites (shame on me, yes I know!).

Having currently not the means to participate makes it rather less relevant, but I certainly like to see this kind of info.
cf eg the HPUX General subforum, where similar announcements are not uncommon, and seamingly mostly appreciated.

just my EUR 0.02

Proost.

Have one on me.

jpe
Don't rust yours pelled jacker to fine doll missed aches.