5049 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Ana/crash not working

Superstar
Advisor

Ana/crash not working

Hi,

In OVMS 7.3-2 I get the below error when ana/crash command is invoked. Dump is enabled on a non system disk and that disk is shadowed. I have attached more information about the system Could someone please help me to fix this? If you need any other information please let me know.

YSTEM> ANA/CRASH DSA0:[SYS0.SYSEXE]SYSDUMP.DMP
%SDA-I-USEMASTER, accessing dump file via _$1$DKB0:, master member of shadow set
_DSA0:

OpenVMS (TM) system dump analyzer
%SDA-E-NOTALPHADUMP, dump file does not contain an OpenVMS Alpha dump

Regards,
Superstar
7 REPLIES 7
Superstar
Advisor

Looks attachemnt is missing hence adding it again.

SYSTEM> SH DEV DSA0
Device Device Error Volume Free Trans Mn
Name Status Count Label Blocks Count Cn
DSA0: Mounted 0 SYSPAGE 38769375 3
$1$DKB0: (CIRA1H) ShadowSetMember 0 (member of DSA0:)
$1$DKB100: (CIRA1H) ShadowSetMember 0 (member of DSA0:)

SYSTEM> DIR .DMP

Directory DSA0:[SYS0.SYSEXE]

SYS$ERRLOG.DMP;1 SYSDUMP.DMP;2

Total of 2 files.

SYSTEM>MC SYSGEM SHOW DUMP

Parameter Name Current Default Min. Max. Unit Dynamic
-------------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ---- -------
DUMPSTYLE 13 0 0 -1 Bitmask D

SYSTEM> S=F$GETENV("DUMP_DEV")
SYSTEM> SH SYM S
S = "SCSI 2 1 0 0 0 0 0"
Volker Halle
Honored Contributor

Hi,

if you try to put the system dump file OFF the system disk (this functionality is called DOSD = Dump Off System Disk), that disk can NOT be a shadowed disk.

So either use a non-shadowed DOSD disk or leave the dump file on the system disk (in that case, it can be a shadowed system disk).

Volker.
Jur van der Burg
Respected Contributor

Try ANA/CRASH/SHADOW_MEMBER=$2$DKB100 to get the dump of the member where is has been written to (Not sure if that capability is already in V7.3-2 though).

Jur.
Superstar
Advisor

Hi Jar,

Thanks for thr reply. Looks its it is not supported in this version.

Regards
Superstar
Advisor

Hi Volker,

Thanks for the reply. So then I need to change the dumpstyle parameter and dump_dev accordingly. Currently dumpstyle is set as 13 shall I set it to 9 what is ur recommendations.

regards
Volker Halle
Honored Contributor

Hi,

is there really a valid dump on one of the members of that DSA0: shadowset.

Setting up DOSD is described in the OpenVMS System Manager's Manual Volume 2: chapter Writing the System Dump File to an Alternate Disk

http://h71000.www7.hp.com/doc/82final/aa-pv5nj-tk/aa-pv5nj-tk.html

It clearly says: The dump device cannot be part of a shadow set unless it is also the system device and the master member of the shadow set.

IF you believe there had been a valid system dump written to one of the members for the DSA0: shadowset AND you are eager to try to find out, if it's readable, you could dismount one of the members (with DISM/POLICY=MINI to save you a full shadowcopy afterwards) and then try to access the dump file on the shadowset itself or on the privately mounted removed member.

Volker.
Volker Halle
Honored Contributor

Hi,

to direct your dumpfile to the system disk, set DUMPSTYLE=9 and DUMP_DEV to the device name(s) of your system disk, if there are multiple pathes or multiple members of the system disk.

Volker.