Operating System - OpenVMS
1752631 Members
5844 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: DEC X.25 Gateay Access Protocol - looking for a tech info.

Ruslan R. Laishev
Super Advisor

DEC X.25 Gateay Access Protocol - looking for a tech info.

Hi All!

I looking for a technical info about the "DEC X.25 Gateay Access Protocol". Any expirience, ideas, specification?

4 REPLIES 4
Hoff
Honored Contributor

john Dite
Frequent Advisor

> Any experience, ideas, specification?

Lots, but it's been a few years though, as the use of X.25 has really gone down dramatically.

GAP (Gateway Access Protocol) specification is proprietary and as far as I am aware was never released to the general public.

With your questions regarding X.25, XOT etc. if you could maybe let us know what you're trying to achieve, then maybe we can be a bit more specifc with our answers.

John

Ruslan R. Laishev
Super Advisor

Hi!

I have found a solution for my task, but I interesting to get some more  knowledge of DEC's networking.

I known that LAT and DECNet IV was partialy "discovered"  with Ethereal/Wireshark and at sourceforge lives projects. A project in what I have involved is related to the VMS & X.25 ... So I looking for a someone who have spent some time tracing the XGAP by the  Wireshark ...

Hoff
Honored Contributor

Well, I posted up a nice reply and this clown car forum software decided that my password expired — 32-character MD5 strings are insufficiently secure for use as passwords around here, too — and then lost the posting..

DECnet specs were published and are available at:

http://h71000.www7.hp.com/wizard/decnet/ and http://linux-decnet.sourceforge.net/docs/doc_index.html

Phase V specs are also available, mostly via OSI.

LAT was considered proprietary, and — while it was in active use — a license was required for access.

X.25 was comparatively rare.