5286 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Modify LLA0 failover set - the sequel

Scot Newton
Advisor

Modify LLA0 failover set - the sequel

Issue:
I defined a failover device LLA0, consisting of devices (EIA0,EIB0,EIC0). I want to modify it to be only (EIA0,EIC0).

I posted then closed this issue earlier, as I thought it corrected (before I rebooted...only to see all 3 devices re-appear in LLA0). I issued the command
"SET DEV LLA0/NOFAILOVER=EIB0, which removed EIC0, confirmed by SHOW DEV LLA0/CHARACTER

My dillemma is that (according to LANCP help), I should disable LLA0 to be able to change the device list. However, when I issue
"SET DEV LLA0/DISABLE" I get the msg
%LANCP-E-LLANACT, LAN device active, cannot be added to or removed from LAN LLA0.

My question is:
How do I disable LLA0 so that I can adjust the failover set to include only devices (EIA0,EIC0) ?
Thanks in advance for the help!
4 REPLIES 4
Richard Whalen
Honored Contributor

Re: Modify LLA0 failover set - the sequel

Use DEFINE instead of SET to modify the permanent database. Then either reboot or shutdown whatever is using LLA0, use SET and restart the software that is using LLA0.
Andy Bustamante
Honored Contributor

Use DEFINE DEV LLA0/NOFAIL=EIB0

If EIB0 is active use SET DEV LLA0/SWITCH as previously posted and SET DEV LLA0 /NOFAIL=EIB0

Set modifies the current (active) configuration, define modifies the permanent characteristics which survive a reboot.

If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over? Reach me at first_name + "." + last_name at sysmanager net
Shriniketan Bhagwat
Trusted Contributor

Scot Newton
Advisor

Thanks to all. I was sure I had tried to update the permanent LLA0 configuration using DEFINE, but must have mucked up the syntax or something. The command suggested by Andy did the trick,i.e.
DEFINE DEV LLA0/NOFAIL=EIB0
Followed by a reboot. Now the LLA0 failover device includes (EIA0,EIC0).
Thanks for the assistance everyone!