Operating System - OpenVMS
1748111 Members
3626 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Reference closed thread lgi_brk_disuser and SSH not working

Darlene McBrayer

Reference closed thread lgi_brk_disuser and SSH not working

There was one response to this thread that stated that it is on the worklist for a future release to enhance the SSH server to honor the LGI_BRK_DISUSER=1 setting. Does anyone have an idea as to when we can expect the release that will have this fix in it? This fix is extremely important to our environment as it is a company policy that after a set number of login failures the account is to be locked.

4 REPLIES 4
Hoff
Honored Contributor

If this is truly extremely important for your firm, ITRC isn't the right forum. Ambassadors, the support center, or direct contact with HP business management is the approach.

The folks that officially know the answer here or that are in a position to get ssh moved to ACME or such don't generally follow this forum and/or don't usually post here; you'll want to discuss this "when" with HP business management.

Sorry...
Darlene McBrayer

Hoff, thanks so much for your response. I will follow up with an HP rep.

David Jones_21
Trusted Contributor

From the discussion in the other thread, it seems more a policy issue than a technical one. Since they are performing intrusion detection, they are presumably calling SYS$SCAN_INTRUSION(). Scan_intrusion() does all the work of processing the lgi_brk_disuser stuff if you give it the right information (the failed user to disable and the source user listed in the intrusion DB records are separate arguments). With all the other parameters in the SSH configuration file, what's one more to control this behavior?
I'm looking for marbles all day long.
Darlene McBrayer

I appreciate everyone's input. It is a policy issue more than technical. I will contact HP directly concerning this to see if there is going to be a fix. This will help when we get audited, which happens a couple times a year.