New Discussion юеВ

Re: driver for LP8000

SOLVED
Go to solution
Vladimir Fabecic
Honored Contributor

Sorry!
Forgot to say that there was a patch for v5.1a for MSA and XP storage problem.
See this:

http://h30097.www3.hp.com/unix/erp/BU040416_EW01.html
In vino veritas, in VMS cluster
Bernhard Mueller
Honored Contributor

vladimir

thanks, but this is a patch for version 2.14 and we need version 2.11 the only certified version for connect to a EMC CX500 do you have any idea where i can find a patch for this version
Vladimir Fabecic
Honored Contributor
Solution

It took some time but this may be what you are looking for:
For TRU64 version 5.1B:
If you want emx driver to be v2.11 you first install TRU64 V5.1B. Then you apply PK4 (not PK5) and additional patches. Patch ID should be C 00297.00 - emx v2.11 (bundled in PK4).
I will try to find what patch should be for V5.1A.
Tell me what OS version are you planing to use with EMC storage?
Vladimir Fabecic
Honored Contributor

I could not find a patch with emx v2.11 for TRU64 V5.1A for download. If machine must run V5.1, you can request this patch from HP because it was there was such a patch.
The best solution would be to upgrade OS to V5.1B PK4. Even if you install PK5 (with v2.14), you can uninstall this single patch and install previus version of this driver (from PK4). This can be done for sure.
Upgrading OS would be a good solution because this version will have long time support, and V5.1A will not. It can be directly upgraded with installupdate without any configuration data lost. This versions are binary compatible and you should not have any application problem, expecially if it runs database. I did few upgrades and did not have any big problem.
Bernhard Mueller
Honored Contributor

Thanks for the continued support.
Regards,
Bernhard