3278 Online
108813 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

lprm permission denied

Ralf Puchner
Honored Contributor

Re: lprm permission denied

Paul,

not "lprm" was the problem, the tool "super" was it. Without knowing the tool "super" nobody can solve the problem - that's the difference!

"super" is not part of Tru64 and shareware and opensource tools are best supported by their authors or organisations...

Help() { FirstReadManual(urgently); Go_to_it;; }
Paul Sperry
Honored Contributor

Ralf

I see your point but it has been my experience that I get more support at this forum than I do at shareware/opensource sites. There are several posts on this forum on shareware/opensource products as well as database "oracle" posts. None of these products are part of the OS but people post their questions here because of the vast knowledge of the forum members.

But I do agree with you, this was not a TRU64 problem. But I did solve the problem whith the help of all the great members here.
Ralf Puchner
Honored Contributor

Paul,

Oracle is a product official certified and supported. There is a list of software which is opensource but adopted or modified by HP itself - so supported in parts (like setup, Apache customization etc. is unsupported).

This forum is for HP products only. In your case "DOP" is the equivalent to "super". The solution for your problem was OS independent because it was a problem of handling "super" not "lprm". For all non HP supported products please use the forums of the company or organisation which supports the product.
Help() { FirstReadManual(urgently); Go_to_it;; }