2741 Online
108813 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP8230e compatible media???

SOLVED
Go to solution
Samuel Rodriguez

HP8230e compatible media???

I have been using my 8230e for a while now, and the only blank media that has worked on it is the HP own's brand. I have tried a couple of other media and does not work. Anybody has an idea what other brands work with it?

P.S This thread has been moevd from Disk to Optical Jukeboxes & Drives. - Hp forum Moderator

3 REPLIES 3
Brent Connatser
Occasional Advisor

this is the wierdest thing I have ever heard. Media is made exactly the same. A cd is a cd is a cd............ You are definately havig another problem. I absolutely buy the cheapest cdr's I can get my hands on and have never had a problem.
Jason Coley
Occasional Advisor

Samuel,
I was having probs with me 8230E as well, and I called technical support and one of the first things they told me is that the HP CD's are the only ones that garranteed to work for this burner. Others may work, they may not, but he said HP will always work. So it is not unusual for your burner to only want HP CD's. They said that every CD manufacturer makes blank CD's differently and they definitely are not all the same. I personally think that paying almost $200 for a burner, they should read them all, but I guess it isn't the case, according to HP technical support.

P.S. I hope you have better luck with your 8230 than I had with mine.
JAMES DOTSON
Occasional Advisor
Solution

I have the same model. It would not recognize Iomega media, but I use Memorex with no problems.