1758743 Members
2762 Online
108874 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Windows 11 Pro Backup and Restore Options Disappeared

Eddie_2029
Occasional Advisor

Windows 11 Pro Backup and Restore Options Disappeared

I realize this post isn't an HPE Server Issue, I just thought maybe someone here has had this issue in the past and resolved it. This is the first time I’ve ever seen this happen on any OS.  However, in this case I'm using Windows 11 Pro.  When I go to the Control Panel and click on Backup and Restore there are no Backup Options to choose from, not even the File History Option.  See attached screenshots

I've tried all of the below and it has not resolved the issue. Resetting the OS or performing a clean OS install is my last resort.  I'm really hoping someone here has had the same issue and resolved it without having to reset the OS. I'm running out of ideas as to what caused this or how to resolve it with the exception of resetting the OS.  I'm currently using another method for performing backups so it's not considered an (EBF) Emergency Break Fix situation, it just bugs me when something was working then stops working for no apparent reason in Windows which I'm sure is the case with most if not all IT Professionals. 

Backup and RestoreBackup and RestoreWhat the heck?!What the heck?!

sfc /scannow
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

I've already double checked to ensure the (VSS) Volume Shadow Copy Services is started. and it's set to Automatic. 

3 REPLIES 3
shiva_jr
HPE Pro

Hi @Eddie_2029 ,
     Just refer the Microsoft page and try to get the backup.
Regards,
Shiva_JR

I work for HPE
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

Eddie_2029
Occasional Advisor

Thanks, I’ve been using that for a long time now. I’m just really curious
to know why the built in backup and restore feature in Windows 11 has
recently disappeared?
Sunitha_Mod

Hello @Eddie_2029,

Thank you for writing to us! 

You have reached the wrong company for HP products (Laptops, Desktops, Printers)

For HP products, you may have to register and post in the HP Support Forums: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo