108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Deploying MPIO Software

SOLVED
Go to solution
stefano colombo_1
Super Advisor

Deploying MPIO Software

Is it possible to deploy HP MPIO software with rdp ?
thanks
4 REPLIES 4
PSL Technical
Advisor

Hi,

Yes it is.

I have done this recently. You will need to create a new job and then use the silent install feature of MPIO that is stated in the Manual.

Once you create a new job, first task is to copy the install folder over to the Blade server.
Then you will need to run this script as a task: c:\\setup.exe /s /f1c:\\setup.iss

The .iss file is contains all the installation settings. You can modify if you wihs, but i left it at default.

Finally add a reboot as the last task and away you go!

Hope that helps.
stefano colombo_1
Super Advisor

How did you manage the return code ?
As MPIO asked for reboot the return code is not 0 and RDP will consider it as job failure

Thanks
Dyonisus
Advisor
Solution

I'm not completely sure if you will get return code 3010 instead of 0. But just do this to get the job finished succesfully:

Run Script REM Install MPIO DSM EVA8000
"\\path\setup.exe" /s /f1"\\path\setup.iss" /f2%windir%\temp\MPInstall.log

In the Run Script job (unattended MPIO installation) click next to go to the return codes window. Click Add, select code 3010 with 'Continue' as response.

Note: If installing the MPIO DSM EVA8000 on a Windows2003 SP1 server with Blc7000/BL460c/Qlogic hardware make sure to modify a registry key related to the Qlogic service. Not doing so could result in the server no longer able to restart/shut down (without hanging).

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\ql2300] "Start"=dword:00000001

Goodluck!
David Graham_8
Advisor

Hi there,

You can manipulate the return code in RDP to report a certain return code as a success.

When you are creating your job, merely go to the screen (3rd screen) and click the Add.. button to add a return code.

Email me if you want more info.

Dave