1758647 Members
2168 Online
108874 Solutions
New Discussion

Ayuda con HP DL380e Gen 8

Alejandro1994
Occasional Visitor

Ayuda con HP DL380e Gen 8

Hola, tengo un servidor HP Proliant DL380 Gen 8 con el siguiente problema. En el iLO todo se ve bien solo dandome las indicaciones de que no puede decirme mas informacion hasta q el POST no termine cosa que nunca sucede puesto q no da video, el servidor enciende correctamente pero no me da señal de video, he probado con diferentes memorias RAM ECC, con las originales y nada. Enciende pero se queda colgado. Sin memorias RAM instaladas ni siquiera el buzzer da señal. El procesador se calienta pero ya no hace mas nada. No se que mas hacer. Espero me den algunas ideas haber si logro ponerlo en funcionamiento. El estuvo trabajando hace unos años, se desconecto pasaron meses y cuando se volvio a intentar echarlo a andar paso esto. Ya le di mantenimiento a la placa, di calor en el board. Todos los sellos de la placa estan intactos. Espero me ayuden Gracias.

Google Translated: 

Hello, I have an HP Proliant DL380 Gen 8 server with the following problem. In the iLO everything looks fine, only giving me the indications that it cannot tell me more information until the POST finishes, which never happens since it does not provide video, the server turns on correctly but does not give me a video signal, I have tried different ones ECC RAM memories, with the originals and nothing. It turns on but it hangs. Without RAM installed, not even the buzzer gives a signal. The processor heats up but it doesn't do anything anymore. I do not know what else to do. I hope you give me some ideas if I can get it up and running. He was working a few years ago, he disconnected after months and when he tried to get it going again, this happened. I already maintained the board, I gave heat to the board. All stamps on the plate are intact. I hope you can help me. Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Re: Ayuda con HP DL380e Gen 8

Hello, I have an HP Proliant DL380 Gen 8 server with the following problem. In the iLO everything looks fine, only giving me the indications that it cannot tell me more information until the POST finishes, which never happens since it does not provide video, the server turns on correctly but does not give me a video signal, I have tried different ones ECC RAM memories, with the originals and nothing. It turns on but it hangs. Without RAM installed, not even the buzzer gives a signal. The processor heats up but it doesn't do anything anymore. I do not know what else to do. I hope you give me some ideas if I can get it up and running. He was working a few years ago, he disconnected after months and when he tried to get it going again, this happened. I already maintained the board, I gave heat to the board. All stamps on the plate are intact. I hope you can help me. Thank you.

Hi,

Remove any additional PCI cards if installed, remove any USB connections which are not required for boot.
You may also try clearing NVRAM from switch 6.  Page# 92

Thank You!
I work with HPE but opinions expressed here are mine.
HPE Tech Tips videos on How To and Troubleshooting topics

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo